Weight Training "Workout"

Is there a way to add this as a ‘completed activity’ instead of a future planned workout? Sorry if this is obvious, I just can’t see it in the planner.

I’m doing 10x10 German Volume Training type deadlift workouts twice a week at the moment, they push me to the max and my legs need two days recovery. This workout is great and can be adapted as I need, I just can’t see how to add it as a ‘completed workout/session/activity’.

Adding 100w to my sprint would be nice!

Mark workout as a favorite :+1: so quick to find.
Select + on Planner, as long as Activity time is a time or date in the past you can Add a Workout you’ve completed. [Add to the past, Plan for the future.]
Select Liked only, locate the workout, tap to select, then Save.
You can alternately search by Filter for “weight”.

1 Like

Thanks, I was trying to schedule in the past which didn’t work, but the save button did. thank you.

This is really excellent, I’ve been wanting something like this since I started strength workouts in the gym for the last 3 months.
I have one question. I see you have XSS down as 9, what is that based on? Sets/Reps etc.

Each 30s interval is about 10 reps at 50/50 Peak vs High which is roughly 80% of 1RM (analogous to Peak Power).

1 Like

Hi. This seems like a useful addition. Unfortunately I don’t seem to be able to add this workout to my planner, either past or future workouts. When I search through the planner add feature I can’t see this workout. I’ve tried filtering for liked only plus also searching for ‘weight’ but I just get a 'nothing found, check the filter settings ’ message. Strangely I can find the workout fine when I search workouts outside of the planner. Can anyone help?. Thanks Paul

1. Select + icon on day.
  2. If Filter is red, select Filter, Reset and Apply.
  3. In text box type in weight [Enter] or tap mag lens icon to display results.

Weight workout should be listed.

You can easily use this workout as a template (make a copy of it) and adjust for your own purposes and schedule. Perhaps your weight sessions are more/less and/or not as specific to cycling. Note that you want the XSS to reflect the XSS strain (i.e. improvement) to your cycling fitness.

Hi. I’ve tried this but still getting the same result. No problem finding it from the training/workouts menu but not found when trying to find it through the planner. See screenshots.
![IMG_20240111_204443_HDR|666x500](upload://fXOnuGeHUlDCEkY0794mbIp5cZs.jpeg

Sorry, not sure that image upload worked. I’m not particularly good at this stuff

Are you a subscriber or trial user?
A subscriber has full access to all workout folders.
On a 30-day trial the workout selection is limited.
When the trial period has expired, the selection is limited to one workout and one session.

Ah, that’ll be it. Thanks for sorting that out for me. Cheers

Here’s the breakdown of what works during a trial – Compare Plans – Xert (baronbiosys.com)

You may be interested in my Onboarding post for newbies –
Onboarding steps for Xert Trial users and newbies - General - Xert Community Forum (xertonline.com)

Brilliant. Thank you :+1:

I’m really having problems getting to terms with the logic of Xert. Let me explain. Planner had me down as "no additional training " or focus on other activities. I clicked on + and added weight training. @ 11:00. OK done the weight training now can’t figure out how to get Xert to add that as completed.

Add the same workout using a date in the past.

When you add the Weight Training workout to the Planner it is tagged as Planned.
That means it’s holding a place on the calendar with the expectation you will perform it at the specified start time.
Unlike other workouts the weight workout isn’t something you will actually run on EBC or export to run elsewhere. It’s being used to simulate high/peak strain on the Planner so the form calculation gradient applies it and shows you as tired for a period afterwards.
Since the workout isn’t actually performed it disappears after the scheduled start time + duration. When it disappears the form gradient changes to reflect the fact the planned activity was never completed. So, the solution is to add it back with a date/time in the past to indicate you did indeed complete it. This can be done on the same day by making sure the start time + duration is earlier than now (completed in the past).

The Weight Training workout was added to the library because many users wanted to include the strain/stress from their gym work. Something that affects their cycling the next day or so. I don’t use it because my strength training is limited to bands, bodyweight, and a kettlebell. I don’t do anything strenuous enough to hinder my pedaling the next day. YMMV

Has anyone found using this that forecast ai will nix all intensity for the rest of the week?

I want the engine to realise I can’t do a heavy workout the next day after 53 deadlift or squat, but not that '1 set of 53 is all the intensity I want in the next two weeks’

What’s your current High and Peak Training Load? (from the Forecast chart or the Fitness Signatures chart on the Progression tab). If you do too much high/peak XSS relative to this, you’ll need more rest, i.e. see more yellow days.

I have lifted between once and three times a week, currently twice a week. A normal session might be something like 5x3 Squat, 3x10 Deadlift, 3x15 Accessory.

What I was hoping by including this workout is that XERT would rearrange when I do intensity on the bike, but it seems to think that this work replaces intensity.

Similarly when XERT reads my garmin track of the workout, it just gives me 30 endurance XSS, which isn’t really what I’m getting either.

What I want is some consideration of the work in my overall load, but not sure whether to keep the garmin 30xss or delete it an add this for 15ish xss.

So far my choice has been to leave it at 30XSS and just let XERT reduce my daily bike workout by half an hour so I do 60mins of endurance vice 90mins of endurance.