Normal HIE level

Hi, because of my goals, I believe TP and HIE are the most relevant elements of my signature. I have a clear idea on TP and the level I can realistically expect. I understand the HIE concept, but I have no idea what the expected level for someone of my weight (81kg) and age (58) would be. Is 24.5 kJ an acceptable level, or does it need specific work to improve?

Per this Xert Article:
if your High Intensity Energy is overestimated, your Threshold Power may be underestimated.

Not sure how u got your latest BT,but my guy feeling is your TP is to low & HIE to high.

See chart:
"Are there errors in my Fitness Signature? – Xert

I don’t really have a reason to doubt my numbers. It is just that the HIE number is not meaningful to me in the sense that I have no clue what is good or what is bad. You hear about Watts all the time and you get an idea of the range you can expect. Not the same for HIE.
Edit: I just had a look at the link you provided and that helps. HIE appears just outside the range at the high end. I only started Xert 40 days ago, so I’ll see how my signature evolves. I more or less expect that my HIE will be confirmed. We’ll see.

In this ride (penultimate BT, Zwift race) I got a nice improvement on both my HIE and on my TP.
This was my last BT. Only a good TP improvement there, no change on HIE.

I think you’re hitting on something here that I struggled with as a long term Xert user. I understand, in principle, how HIE contributes, but it’s defintely the most abstract of the 3 components and I only really look at it when the other 2 seem to be off.

Having said that, after all these years with power, I think when you’re more engaged with your signature and paying attention to how it changes, and not just when you arbitrarily test (big flaw of other system IMHO), that’s a feature not a bug.

1 Like

Does your PP represent what you can do outdoors or is that an indoor figure?
The first BT chart has a difficulty score that is unlikely indicating signature isn’t dialed in yet.
See this post – Let’s See Some Recent BT’s - General - Xert Community Forum (xertonline.com)
The second BT chart looks like you’ve honed in.