Hammerhead Karoo 2

Do you mean connecting the trainer via Bluetooth? I did but it didn’t work at all.
I think there is something that I miss maybe since I use the vector as the power source I should try to set the power on the trainer but it’s not what I want
With iPhone I get no problem at all

Hi @ilborbonico,

I’ll send you a PM - let’s get this sorted out. EBC should work great on K2 with a Neo.

1 Like

I haven’t been getting along very well with my garmin edge 530… So I’m looking at the karoo 2 as an alternative as well!

From what I understand here, I can use the karoo for structured indoor and outdoor workouts just like my garmin? But I won’t have custom data fields like XSS, MPA & power, … ?

Are workouts better in terms of visibility with the sideloaded app on the karoo than with the connect IQ app?

No sideloading required. You can now install Xert EBC from Karoo’s App Store or Xert data fields (MPA, XSS) under Profiles setup. Watch this video –

(1) Facebook

Note: To install Xert on the Karoo you must first login to your Hammerhead dashboard account online and connect to your Xert account. Then restart the Karoo.

3 Likes

So cool to see the Xert app in the Karoo App Store, indoor workouts work great.

3 Likes

Do people use the Karoo app and Xert EBC in parallel. How do you switch back and forth. Do both apps record the ride?

3 Likes

@zenturtle I have used the Karoo APP and EBC in parallel many times and dual recording works just find, on different firmware versions the gui can be a little unresponsive but the data has always been there for me afterwards. I use the Karoo app for routing and for the Varia taillight. I’ll switch to XERT when I find a stretch of road where I can dig a bit more or if I want to check my fat/carbs.

To switch apps on the Karoo you hold down the bottom right button for 2s for old firmware and 1s with the newest firmware update.

1 Like

Any possibility Xert could be fully integrated with Karoo software? Is that in a plan?
Right now I use Xert inside, and ride “free” outside :grin: I think perhaps I’ll just get used to it…
I want a full functioning headunit with Xert integration. I’m not too excited to leave behind features to gain display of MPA…

What features would you say are 100% essential?

Ordered my Karoo last week and excited to try out Xert on it. Besides MPA, XSS I would love to have rel. wind direction. As I live in Flanders, Belgium, we always have wind and lots of winding roads…

2 Likes

Available on EBC at the moment @matchie :slight_smile:

@ManofSteele Rel. wind direction is indeed available on the EBC app but not as a field on the Karoo app (unlike XSS and MPA that are available).
I don’t like to switch between apps while riding :slight_smile:

An official Karoo support article :+1:Xert App – Hammerhead

2 Likes

@xertedbrain , I just ordered a Karoo 2 :grin:. I’ll let you know what I think is missing after I get it. The only “loss” for me is that I need to sell my old Elemnt Roam. Besides that, based on my research, even if Xert EBC didn’t exist, I’ll have the same or better features with the Karoo 2. Any EBC features are a bonus, and I understand it’s a work in progress…

3 Likes

Not 100% essential but killer features for me would be:

• segment hunting target power - based on equalling the current “next fastest” time being chased on the current segment (carrot/KOM/PB/recent best).
  • xert power zones. As coloured power, graphical display or whatever. It would even be OK if there was a toggle to use Xert power zones instead of native - since Hammerhead’s graphical data field for power zones is effective enough.

I’ve tried EBC and I love it too. Current thinking is I’ll not use it during my rides if I think I’ll be chasing segments.

2 Likes

I use the EBC app for structured workouts and the Karoo app for normal riding, rarely un them simultaneously. I just figured out I could add the MPA and XSS fields in the Karoo app, and that’s really all I wanted: sometime on the social ride you gotta fend off some attacks and it’s good too know how deep you’re going.

I would say keep improving reliability and UI and you’re good. (The map would be nice)

One feature request for the app, would be to have a lap button (but I already know how @xertedbrain feels about laps…. :grinning:)

1 Like

+1 for laps

Are there any other Xert Fields, other than MPA and XSS that you can view in the Karoo App like Fat & Carbs etc.
?

2 Likes

What fitness signature does the Karoo uses when showing MPA on display for a certain rider? Do they have access to the Xert signature?

It uses the Xert EBC app to get the athlete’s signature for the MPA & XSS data fields.

1 Like