Hammerhead Karoo 2

Great questions, and I have the same question as I just bought a Karoo 2. It appears that you can only see MPA and XSS.

Armando, love your podcast, love Xert. Amazing stuff. Thanks so much! I just bought a Karoo 2 after using a Garmin 520 for several years. I got used to being able to put several Xert metrics (MPA, XSS, Power, calories, etc.) on my 520. I particularly like on the 520 how the Xert power changes colors as you put more power into the bike. And you know that red means you are close to getting a breakthrough and purple might be a breakthrough. Will you be allowing more than just XSS and MPA on the Karoo 2? And are you ever going to allow the changing color on the Karoo 2 unit so I can see where I am at? Pretty please. It would be awesome.

2 Likes

I sold my WP5 Pro because it was not root-able. It still hasn’t been delivered so, maybe the buyer will return it if he’s not satisfied. But in fact, I was able to partially root it with Magisk. So if it happens (return), I could still try it for some outdoor rides. FYI, in has a 8000mAh battery: I guess that it should allow quite long rides. Sure, it’s on the “bulky” side, but then the external battery on the top-tube would not be required anymore.