Xert + Zwift Video Guide

Awesome, thanks! I saw that but didn’t read it all the way through, I thought it said the same as the first check box -)

Maybe everyone knows, but just thought I’d share it here if that’s not the case. If you’re on a newer Apple computer, (M1 or greater chip), you can run Xert EBC on that directly. Search for it on the App Store, download, login, and you’ll be all set. With an ANT+ USB dongle the laptop can have the Xert pop outs, EBC player, and Zwift all on a single screen.

can i use the power gage with ant+ but without connecting to the ebc but straight to my laptop?

The power gauge pop-out on the Session Player relies on data sent from EBC running the workout.
What type of arrangement are you hoping to achieve?

I’ve just signed up to Xert and done my first workout with it paired to Zwift. I have a few questions…

1. A query about the HRM pairing - is it better to have it paired through Xert (on my phone) or via Zwift (on my laptop)?
  2. Do the dynamic intervals vary according to HR variations during the workout?
  3. And how do I prevent both the Zwift and Xert workouts synching everywhere (it’s all done via Strava so I ended up having to delete one - I deleted the original Xert file as the Zwift file had the HR data).

Thanks!

Best to pair HR with Xert and only save the Xert activity when workout is finished and have Xert sync to Strava.

SMART intervals scale to your fitness signature and include a number of different options.
In the case of dynamic intervals either power or duration fluctuates during the interval depending on how well you are hitting and holding target watts (compliance). HR does not factor in and would be unreliable since HR drift (decoupling) occurs during most workouts as core temp rises.

Lots of newbie tips posted here – Beginner questions
Academy series videos are the quickest way to get up to speed – https://tinyurl.com/yfrucamh
FAQs here – Support Home – Xert

Welcome aboard. :slight_smile:

i would like to use the power gage on my laptop without using the ebc but using xert website, is this possible?

You can pop-out the rainbow gauge from the Session Player and place it anywhere you’d like on your laptop screen, but the gauge only functions when fed data from EBC playing a workout on your phone.

ok thank you
is there any other way of seeing live mpa without ebc app @ManofSteele ?

Not really. Options are either the EBC app or Garmin ConnectIQ data field. Xert’s the only platform that calculates & displays MPA, so can’t find it elsewhere :wink:

1 Like

xert is amazing thanks for the great work

1 Like

I use an Apple TV. I have a power meter on my bike (bluetooth and ant+). I pair the power meter to Zwift via bluetooth and EBC is paired to the trainer (power and control) when training.

So I’m curious, if your run the same setup. Do you save the Zwift ride or the Xert Workout completed on EBC? I usually save the Zwift ride that is pushed to Strava then pushed over to Xert. Seems to be working well for me.

Oh, and great video @ManofSteele. I think this will help lots of people!

1 Like

no difference which one to save as i have asked at below link.

3 Likes