Xert Update?

I was describing the level of strain at 24:00:00 is very minimal, same as the active recovery workout I linked to. IOW easy/easy.
Endurance activity in Xert is anything below TP which includes very low strain (sub-LTP) as well as mix of intervals above LTP tempered by low RIBs. End result is a focus duration point 20:00 min and higher on the power curve. 24:00:00 is more a math artifact and not something you could achieve riding outdoors. It represents a very easy activity.

Based on your screenshot you’ve set a TED placing you in Base phase which will be all endurance. However, you’ve also selected a negative ramp rate (detraining).
If you want to scale back and reduce your hours you could set ATP to Continuous, ride however little you want, then switch back to TED with a positive ramp rate when ready to start a progression.

1 Like

Looks like a bug.
Hours calc changes if you adjust ramp rate but slider doesn’t increment as normal.
Also current hours change when you modify ramp rate.

Any idea how on mobile chrome to view the XSS deficit or surplus as at the end of the week? I plan my training out and adjust depending what I do based on hitting XSS numbers at the end of the week. With the new planner format on the mobile phone is difficult to tell where I am based on planned and actual workouts.

Looks like a bug as XATA with Training Pacer and Weather Forecast is shown when you view the Planner on a laptop/tablet.

I’m almost certain it did. I had ~360 XSS to compete before the end of the week pre update; it jumped to ~480 after and increased the hours I’d need to stay on target.

Also, on my recovery ride yesterday I completed 85 XSS on my garmin but after uploading I was only given 77.

Seems to have deducted ~10% off the other rides as well/

Check out settings in the upper right corner - there may be some display choices there you want to turn on. Also, beware that there’s a scroll arrow on the right and left side of the weekly stats displayed. It may be that what you’re looking for is hidden and you need to scroll over to it.

What James is referring to is the missing info on mobile view.
On a desktop/laptop you get this when you select Plan My Training from the Planner –

On mobile you currently only see Recommended Training so you can’t determine deficit/surplus today or on upcoming days –

I spend the majority of time on my laptop viewing XO as it’s much easier and more productive to manage my training there. Mobile-centric users, however, need the same info if they want plan ahead on their phones and don’t have access to a PC/laptop/tablet (?).

2 Likes

yes, Friday’s have been my opener day for cyclocross since the beginning of September. It makes sense why it is recommending a lower XSS workout.

1 Like

Totally agree, we should at least be able to hide the activities details ?!
I mean, there is already an “activities” tabs, why the planner should contains this big pics ? I want to plan my next activies based on XSS, hours, statuts, ramp rate, etc… not pics of where I ride before, or name of the previous activities.

Also, scrolling a page without any scrollbar is not UX friendly… hard to tell which day, which week of which month we are.

I hope you will improve this page.

1 Like

I’ve not had a chance to have a look at the changes fully but my initial view is that it’s a major improvement on the previous planner.

Not on my Mac at least

Just what I would like as solution/option, One button to hide all Activities on the page.
In addition I would like to see one “<” and one" >" button at page level and have all rows to scroll when pressing the button (keeping the week number column in place)

Hello is it possible, in calendar settings, to invert XHSS and XLSS, like XLSS XHSS XPSS

thank you

Hi all,
thanks for the new updates. It’s going to take a while to get used to them I guess. For the moment I see the ATP is dead, just stopped functioning and showing any correct data as you move the slider. Any chance of someone looking into this as it was a useful feature?
Thanks

I think the new planner looks good, but it seems some functionality has been lost.

In particular, how can I now edit a “no power data” activity to add my XSS estimate? This was never easy, but there was a way to do it. It looks like the Edit button under each activity in “My fitness → Activities” tab should allow this, but the button does nothing for me. As about a third of my activities are on bikes with no PM, my training status and fitness scores become a bit meaningless.

For entering activities that were not recorded, click + on a past date, select Add a Ride then enable the manual entry toggle at top.

For recorded activities that lack metrics, a fix is on the way to allow editing.
Alternately you could enable HRDM and let Xert estimate XSS, specificity, difficulty and focus duration for activities recorded with HR only or preferably HR+cadence for best results.
I have many rides quantified by HRDM and found it works very well especially after I tweaked RHR and MRH under settings.

Can you kindly send support@xertonline.com information on which browser and operating system you are using so we try and replicate the issue?

Thank you.

Next update should address this and related issues. Should be out shortly.

2 Likes

It looks great! I love to be able to see the power profile of each activity in the calendar.
I still have to use it a bit more to get use to the new look and information displayed, but the drag-and-drop feature needs to come back! Please!
While planning, I loved to be able to search by name and drag-and-drop.
Also moving planned activities from one day to another…

Thank you for the hard work, I love Xert!

1 Like

Just a big bravo for these excellent updates!!!

My only comment would be to have the AI generated workouts possibly limited by the user for duration and range of xss.

Well done again!

1 Like