Xert Update?

The new planner looks great! A few suggestions/questions:

• The training status bar is very nice - a good addition would be to show the time of day when you scroll over it.
  • Scheduling activities via the planner was very difficult to figure out. It took me a long time to figure out that you do not want to click on the title of an activity (that sends you down a rat hole starting with workout details) but instead click anywhere else where the cursor simply shows up as an arrow. Also, after that you need to realize that it’s still necessary to save the chosen workout scheduling.
    — It would make things a lot less confusing if clicking on the title didn’t go to the activity description but instead simply went to schedule the activity. Also, please place the “Save” button next to the “Clear” button on the selected activity! Even after figuring it all out I still have to remember to search for Save, hidden in the lower right corner, every time.
  • Weather and weekly summaries directly in the planner are great additions.
  • Do the improved signature detection and tracking show up immediately or only after I do a new activity? My signatures suffered from exactly the symptoms described but haven’t changed.
1 Like

Appreciate the comments and suggestions…

We’re working on improving the information on the Activity Details hence directing to that page but yes, not useful atm…

The improvements are for new activities or reanalysis of older activities that get triggered. There will also be a change in your signature since your last breakthrough. So if you’ve had a recently BT, you won’t notice much. We decided not to run recalcs for users since things can get unpredictable and it could pose a bigger problem, even though the new algo is superior.

It’s a definite improvement - thank you for adding notes to the planner!

Suggestion - there definitely needs to be a way to easily copy and paste previously added or completed workouts. For example, I have a simple endurance workout that I tend to do on semi-rest days. But adding a specific workout to the planner take quite a few steps.

I notice that my total XSS for my rides I had already done this week dropped. I had my week mapped out to reach my number now I’m going to have to add an extra ride in. This is going to add in more hours moving forward also. Working as planned?

Shouldn’t have any affect on that. Did you add Total XSS to the weekly stats row?

All-in-all, I think the updates are great, so bravo to the Xert team for all their hard work. There are a lot of new features here, so it will take some time to figure them out and adjust, but overall they look to make the program better!

I have a question for the Autogen workouts, is it possible to set a resistance floor? 82w is about 30%FTP, and it would seem something like a resistance floor of somewhere between 45-55%FTP would be a better use of time (or 60%LTP like rest after the warmup).

1 Like

Agree. Autogen for time available would be great. Aka. Get me as close as possible to my target XSS and Focus as possible in the time I can cram in today/ tomorrow.

(I haven’t worked out how to autogen for future dates yet if that is possible)

2 Likes

I am happy and thankful to the XERT team for continuing to improve the platform.

I would like to see the help guides updated to reflect the new changes. For example, training status as of is gone but still appears in the help.

In general, more current learning resources would be a great addition.

Before the update I had been maintaining an XSS surplus of about 85-90 at the same time every day and today I was in a deficit. I had my training status as of set to 30 minutes before I typically train. I was surprised, and a little disappointed, to see the surplus wiped out.

I also noticed that the adaptive training slider is not working properly. It does not work at all in Safari on Mac or iPad and in Chrome on my Mac, the weekly hours needed does not update (Chrome on iPad does not work at all).

Lastly, the new planner is odd looking on an iPad and is hard to read since each activity appears as one big row and I cannot get a weekly view.

1 Like

Endurance24hours
When Focus Duration is 24:00:00 you’re in active recovery territory.
If you prefer you could simply spin easy in Slope mode on your trainer.
Consider the alternative is a monotonous 40 XSSR workout like this one.
IOW the goal is blood flow not watts. :wink:

Go to Settings, Safari, scroll down to Page Zoom, and try 85% as your default.
Also minimize the XO sidebar menu by tapping the hamburger icon.

For Chrome on an iPad run Chrome and enter chrome://flags as url.
Search for “zoom” and enable Use dynamic type size for default text zoom and Use different method for zooming web pages.
Restart Chrome, visit XO, then minimize the sidebar menu.

2 Likes

Do you know why I am in active recovery? My training status is very fresh and I have a 91 XSS deficit.

Maybe Fridays are pretty quiet days for you? Not active recovery but a short base training ride?

XATA patterns the advice based on your historical riding patterns and won’t prescribe a long workout unless it something you would typically do. If you have more time, using the filter a pick something else and over time it will adjust to pick it automatically for you.

Training Status is absolutely there but is now a gradient below each day. We no longer have the “as of” time selection since you can visually see what the status colour is at the start, middle and end of each day.

On the main My Fitness page shows the XSS deficit for the day. This simplifies it, especially for new users that found the concept of “as of” time very complicated and hard to understand.

2 Likes

We’re working on an autogen front end that will allow you to control the output and create workouts you can save. Remember that if you want to shorten the time for the same XSS, it’ll get harder to complete. The current method strikes a good balance between difficulty and workout duration.

3 Likes

The AI system doesn’t work overly hard to maximize short endurance rides since you can usually just ride these at LTP. A workout pattern isn’t really that important. The harder workouts to create involve completing a designated amount of low, high and peak intensity that’s tuned to what you can complete and the fatigue you can handle based on your specific training loads. Getting all these intervals to line up isn’t easy and required some advanced techniques for us to implement.

2 Likes

Can you bring back the planner table?

3 Likes

+1 on the planner table this was useful - missing it already :face_holding_back_tears:

2 Likes

Thank you. Any idea why the Adaptive Training Program slider on the Training tab is not working?

My first try at autogen appears to just be looping (been going for minutes with the arrow circle going round and round). Anyone else having this problem? Anyone find a fix?

Something’s not right. My number were WAY off after the update so i tried to reset my account earlier and now nothing appears to be working. I cannot sync any of my Strava rides back into my Xert account now.

1 Like