Xert EBC

Glad you’re liking it so far! :smiley: We’re quite fond of it too :wink:

We plan to continue adding more functionality moving forward! I’ll mention it to some of the dev’s on a team call today so we can figure out what caused it and prevent it from happening again.
For now, if that happens in the future, try swiping up (to return to the Activity page), swipe down from the top to refresh that page, and then tap ‘Continue’. That should force the fields to update/refresh.

When switching EBC for an outdoor ride, the map will be displayed as the second panel on the top (third if you’re doing a workout). For those that want a bigger map, tapping on the Map panel will bring the map to full-screen size. It’s pretty slick & intuitive.

I’ll be sure to do that thanks.

I wouldn’t want the map on outdoor rides but would want a full page of large digit fields. No map.

On small screens losing half of the page to the map would not be good for me. My eyesight ain’t what it used to be.

You dont have to see the map if you dont want to - we try to leave those finer details up the users to use EBC how they’d like. I’m sure you can appreciate that other Xerters might want a permanent full-screen map option. We try to provide an option in-between that allows the functionality for both. In your case, you can simply leave the MPA/Power gauge for the top panel.

If half of the screen is unavailable for data fields on outside rides I’d have an issue as on a 4" screen that only leaves 2" for data fields and thats just not enough for me in my opinion. Having half of the display obsolete isn’t ideal. A better option would be to slide the top half allowing additional fields to be displayed.

Do you mean 9 data fields isn’t enough? :wink:
Or do you mean something else entirely?

I like this layout when power is paired and you have 12 definable data fields to work with.
Also, highly readable on my Palm 3.3" (screenshot above). Ditto and noticeably larger on the KKM2 4" screen.

When its an outside ride and a small screen device why only provide half of the screen for data fields? I use an elemnt bolt at the moment and the map is on a full screen which is slidable. Its nothing to do with 9 fields but the waste of screen space for users wanting to use EBC for data fields only.

You mean the rainbow gauge is a waste of space for the default all-data screen outdoors with power or do you mean you hate any page with a map on it? :slight_smile:

The rainbow gauge is not required outside when free riding. Not at all. The map function is good to have but not needed to show unless its being used. :smile:

Xert MPA not required for riding?! What is this blasphemy? :wink:

4 Likes

Hmm… I guess that depends on your definition of free riding. :slight_smile:
For me I’d like to see the gauge as it shows useful information that only Xert offers.
Even free riding I want to know power and where MPA stands.
You can also use the gauge to shoot for a BT should the opportunity arise. :grimacing:

I definitely prefer it over something like this but I understand what you mean –
ElementBOLT

The Not at all sentence belongs with the map sentence :grinning:

I don’t race and use xert to get fit for outside riding. I never look at MPA indoors never mind outside lol

When I do a workout, I use the RPM suggested in the gauge of the remote player. I can’t find this value in Xert EBC. Is it normal?

CO (cadence optimizer) is not included with EBC.
Perhaps they will add it in the future but I am on the fence as to whether it’s needed.

Thanks all (I hope…) for the suggestions on phones and mounts. I’ll be joining you soon with a king kong mini 2 and Scott’s square mount in the mail.

For sale: Wahoo Bolt + Garmin 520 combo…

Hey there,
I recorded my first ride on the EBC app last night with a TickR X connected via Bluetooth as my HRM. I was hoping/expecting to see HRV data in my .fit file but when I download it it isn’t present. Is HRV data not supported by the app? Will I need to use my Garmin instead?

I thought I’d try it on my v.old Android(5.1) but it’s not showing up in the play store on that phone

How do people go on using it outdoors with full finger gloves on. I’ve just checked my Android with a selection of gloves and none of them were able to operate the screen. Obviously not a problem in summer.

Just downloaded the App and connected up my trainer. When I toggled the settings that came up but nothing happened when I touched either of the 2 options. Is it going to be a facility similar to the IoS to scale the reported power from a PM or trainer?