Weekly Focus or Workout Focus

When I’m planning my week… and the weekly focus says Rouler… Should I choose some workouts with lower focus like puncher or pursuiter so when I add some low intensity workouts the weekly focus stays on Rouler or should I choose workouts with Rouler focus and when I add the low intensity workouts the weekly focus would be something like Climber? What is the most important, weekly focus or workout specificity?

1 Like

Great question. Given low intensity is (should be) about 80% of your training, it is difficult to get your sum total focus to be at your Athlete Type. However, it’s likely going to work a bit better (according to the math) to overshoot your focus a bit but it would not be a goal to make your total focus that of your Athlete Type. It may make your high intensity sessions have too low a focus which would lower your Specificity Rating too much. (Yes a bit obtuse but it’s so hard to optimize 3 fitness dimensions under all the constraints!) . Going into your event, you should be focused on your Athlete Type 100% though.

1 Like

Great! Thanks for your help Armando!