Wahoo again

Hello together,

just made an update on my “Roam” and boom:

There you go…Xert available. I did what I have to do, log in with my password, giving permission, but unfortunately no sync. No Training available. Am iam doing something wrong?

Too early to party???

So now I’ve also had contact again with Wahoo. They have confirmed that Xert has been activated. You can see this in my picture, but unfortunately I have noticed that the Xert workouts from the “Planner” are NOT being dragged into the “planned workouts” on the bike computer. Is this due to my inability? After synchronizing, I only see planned training sessions from Trainingpeaks as usual.
Is there something I need to do or rather Xert/Wahoo?

I would be happy to receive answers.

It doesn’t do what you think it does, and has been there for years. It’s for having completed activities sent to Xert. It DOES NOT support pulling in workouts from Xert.

If Xert added support for pushing workouts into the Wahoo ecosystem you would start the connection from the Xert side, not from the Wahoo side.

First of all, thanks for your answer. I understood point 1, but what is the problem with point 2? Is it because Wahoo is not opening the interface or because Xert is not finishing something?

At the moment I just switch on my Wahoo and then my training from Trainingpeaks appears automatically, which I then complete. It is then uploaded to Trainingpeaks, Strava and Wahoo after completion. Why doesn’t it work with Xert? Is there a possibility or do I actually have to get a Gamin? And if I get a Garmin, do I need other apps/workarounds like the Xert workout player or can I run my workout normally in the Garmin interface? Sorry for asking, but I’m just looking for a plausible reason why such simple things don’t work.

So, previously Wahoo themselves had to add support for pulling in workouts from places. Essentially they’d have to write custom code themselves to do it, such as what was done for TrainingPeaks. This wasn’t really sustainable.

Wahoo subsequently added support for any training plan service/software/etc to push workouts into their cloud which then makes them available on bike computers. This means the burden is now on those training plan services/software/etc to do the work. Wahoo has provided the ability for Xert to do it, but Xert has to do it.

1 Like

So do I understand correctly that the ball is in Xert’s half?

Yes. 5+ years later Wahoo has added an API to allow 3rd party workout import. I’m not sure if it’s still considered beta or official.

There are multiple threads on this topic like this one –

It’s official. Numerous companies are using it now.

1 Like

I’m curious to see if and what Wahoo writes to me. I haven’t given up hope yet that the workouts from my “Planner” will automatically end up in Wahoo. FTP based would be enough for now.

A connection to MyWhoosh would also be great.

In the pipeline along with some other cool tricks we have up our sleeves. :smile:

3 Likes

Sounds good. The market is there, I would put the horsepower on the road now.

1 Like

All clarified with Wahoo! The serviceman gave an information to development. Maybe Xert will be considered in future updates.I find it pointless to buy a new bike computer if the wahoo can do it in principle. I am still waiting for feedback. if it is negative, I will unfortunately leave the wahoo cosmos.

Just fyi… it has been forwarded to the relevant department so that it will be taken into account in any future updates. of course they couldn’t give me a clear indication of if and when - what a shame. so for better or worse i will be forced to switch to a garmin, as this is apparently one of the bike computers that communicate with xert without any problems.

How long is said pipeline?

If you want to send a workout to a Wahoo device, go to the Sync menu on XO and enable Wahoo.
You can then tap the Send icon on any workout that displays that icon and select Wahoo.

SendIcon

I’m not sure what steps happen after that as I have a Garmin. With Garmin you run Garmin Connect on your phone to sync that workout to the device.

EDIT: Oops. This is a pending update that hasn’t been released to everyone yet. :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Thanks for the tip. I was really looking forward to it, but unfortunately too soon :-/ Anyway, I have now activated the connection to Xert at Wahoo. Who knows what will come in the future.