Training load and expected average TP

That’s great feedback Armando - thanks!

How did you enjoy Mallorca. I see you did all the classic climbs. It’s an amazing island.

I fly out two weeks tomorrow for 8 days cycling with my 26 year old son. We love the roads there.

Mallorca was fantastic, thanks. Enjoy the riding!

1 Like

It might be a bit off topic but I’ve always wondered about W/kg. If you are talking about going up a hill then it’s really W/kg but if you are talking about the “engine” then I guess you would have to use some kind of ideal weight. e.g I’m currently at 74 kg but I know for sure that my performance wouldn’t suffer if I went to 67. I don’t have data from when I was close to 60 but I think my FT was close to what it is now.

Maybe this is obvious but when it comes to FT vs TL my experience is that on a great day FT doesn’t vary that much ( but it does do vary). But the higher the TL, I can go harder for longer on a ride and I can repeat that ride without having to rest for a week. e.g. did a silver breakthrough yesterday and was still fresh today. If TL had been 10-20 lower (from 61) I wouldn’t have been able to ride today, but I still think the ride yesterday would have been similar.

I think others are on to this as well now, but that has been one of the great things about Xert. The stars system. TL matters. Suggested Xert workouts I can mostly complete. Suggested Zwift workouts? Not so much. They don’t take my low TL into account.

1 Like