Segment hunter with strava today

Saw the pop up window this morning about strava segments. I have no idea how to do it. Been on the screens that show the segments I want to hunt, don’t see a option for advanced? Am I missing something? Also didn’t see any options in strava?

2 Likes

I’ve still no idea what it is and how it’s beneficial. But then I’m easily confused :confused:

I wish they (xert) would inform us about new things before they just drop them in.

Think its more about helping setting a realistic goal for a segment. Sum of the segment I have selected are telling me to put down 1500 Watts for the last few meters or so.

1 Like

Ah, no use to me then. I’m too slow to bother with segment hunting. I leave that to the young ones.

Is this what you mean and is this how you interpret the data?
If it is the estimates are a tad optimistic.

I don’t see half of what you are seeing…

Bowden in the Scottish Borders?

@mikew

Yes, where did u find that?

Right think i’ve sussed my problem. My activities say veiw with garmin. How do I change that to strava?

It doesn’t appear to be working for me. I’m a Strava Premium User and the activities say “view on strava” but the details that show your goal/target are missing.

1 Like

Click on a segment to open the details :slight_smile:

I already tried that and it doesn’t do anything. You can see its selected on the bottom image. It spins and then does nothing.:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Hmmm, was just reading a help menu. It’s on about xert getting info from Strava first. So u have disable garmin connection to strava :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

Yes my xert account isn’t connected to garmin. It’s only connected to my strava account for syncing.

Think I might need to play about on the computer, rather than my phone for this. Have raised a ticket with support hopefully get something soon. :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I’ve tried it on my phone, chromebook and laptop and can’t get it to work on any of them.

Lacock in Wiltshire - Bowden Hill Climb | Strava Ride Segment in Chippenham, Wiltshire, United Kingdom

1 Like

Have disconnected garmin to strava and xert to garmin. Activities still saying show in garmin. I’m stumped

Nope not getting any menus with that link or when I try my own segments that I know are link to segment hunter. Could it be anything to do with android vs ios?

I think the initial tour mentioned the segments have to be starred in strava?
Anyway here’s what my ride this morning looks like for reference, I’ve never connected a garmin account, only strava and use wahoo elemnt.