New interface or XERT 2.0

As the title suggests. Are what we are seeing (and I like it) a new interface or XERT 2.0?

If the latter than I’m double excited as a few things on the endurance side were hinted at coming in XERT 2.0 that Steve Neal was working on

Dave

1 Like

Xert 2.0 still in the works. It’ll change much of the core. For example, as many of you have noticed HIE and PP are tied meaning that they go up and down together (generally but not in lock step). Xert 2.0 uses deeper variables. It’s the same number (for now) but they can be used to derive what we know as the current fitness signature. One of the implications is that TP becomes a derived value and not a core fitness metric. That’ll blow some minds I think. :smile:

CP and TP/MLSS become distinct and Fatmax and LT1 are also derived. :sunglasses:

I’d like to get the science done supporting it but 2.0 may come out before that’s done. It’s a big project.

4 Likes

XERT 2.0 sounds amazing and can’t wait :slight_smile: . Fully understand its a big project that you’ve been working on for a while but do you have any rough timelines?

1 Like

Are you saying you will go from a three dimensional fitness signature to a two dimensional?

Three, maybe four.

1 Like

I’m hoping we can tackle bits at a time but it might get challenging to retrofit some elements.

1 Like

What is the main benefit(s) of the new model? I guess it will be more accurate for some particular cases? Will it still assume that we can hold TP forever?

2 Likes

It’s a universal metabolic model so we can assign power to the metabolic processes that are happening during exercise. TP will still likely be something you can hold forever … only it will change over the course of an activity to what is sustainable. A changing TP though will require quite a bit of additional calculations to be made and we’ll need to see what impact that will have. :smile:

4 Likes

Game changer!