Let's See Your BREAKTHROUGHS! đŸ’„

As a general rule, my understanding is that you won’t have the most accurate breakthrough when you stop the effort artificially, either because of timer or the end of a road.

It was 3 days ago. Anyway l have just 3 months data in Xert and l didn’t do any maximal effort lately so l think my fitness signatures will be somewhat noisy for a while

Definitely a signature correction, more than a breakthrough, per sae. If you haven’t really pushed yourself in the way that the SMART - Harder to Breathe workout pushes you, then it’s possible for Xert to have underestimated your signature.

1 Like

1 Like

Passing road bikes on the climb with double down MTB tires was fun today

3 Likes

It’s been a long time since I had a gold breakthrough and when it came it was a big one.

Out with the cycling group for a quick ride. I hung on for 45 minutes and was then dropped and the way home was slower but still at a steady pace. The peaks are when I was getting to the front of the paceline and then staying there.

It was a real VO2 workout

3 Likes

One way to get faster is to ride with faster riders :slight_smile: Great ride @johnnybike and congrats on the Breakthrough!

Suddenly got a BT in a zwift race? Not expected that
Strange :-p. TP +11W after digging towards the finish.

2 Likes

Thanks Scott. At aged 67 I do find most are faster than me anyway :pensive:

This was cool in that I didn’t think my Sig was correct, and then my 10m power prediction was actually spot on. That only makes me more confident in the TP prediction, even if it feels high.

1 Like

Thought I would try a short 150 metre climb - Nick O’Pendle, Lancashire, UK as a warm up before my main FulGaz ride.
Started steady and just kept on going.
45 seconds improvement for a PB and a silver BT

I was ruined for the main ride though.

1 Like