Just Added Some Fit Files From Years Ago And My TP Cratered

I thought I’d upload some old .fit files in order to see how Xert classified them. They were anywhere from 2-4 years old. Once they were imported and analyzed my current TP dropped from 276 to 266… Is that…normal?

1 Like

See this thread: Too high FTP and HIE after downloading old workout although deleted old workout - Support - Xert Community Forum (xertonline.com)

I’m not sure I understand. The advice was:

But as far as I know, the activity wasn’t incorrect, it was just very old and (I would guess) irrelevant to my current fitness. I went back and deleted the activities, and my calculated TP is still -10W. Can someone explain this to me like I’m a total newbie, and used to just doing what I’m told? :slight_smile:

Update: Just for the heck of it, I went into my Profile, and clicked “Recalculate Progression” after deleting the old activities from a few years ago. Got the warning that I should make sure my “Fitness Signature Is Set Accurately Before Proceeding” so I went to the Threshold Power box and bumped it from 265 to 275 like it was before. Then recalculated everything and my TP came out to 263. I guess the algorithm’s punishing me for trying to game the system. lol

Since you are a newbie and haven’t been changing the signature decay method, time constants, or starting training load so go ahead and select Account Settings, Profile, scroll down and select Recalculate Progression. That looks at all activities on file and generates new signature numbers.

If just starting with Xert I suggest reviewing this thread and consider posting answers to the profile questionnaire if you more questions you need answered :slight_smile:
Beginner questions - Support - Xert Community Forum (xertonline.com)

You can go to your last breakthrough activity (linked under you name on Training tab), switch to Advanced MPA view, scroll down, seed the values, and Save. Those values will be used moving forward.
If last BT is not within 3-4 weeks you are better off trying for one during a BT workout.
That will validate your signature and update the values if you a BT event occurs during the workout.
In any case you can’t really break something that can’t be fixed by filing a request to support@xertonline.com. :slight_smile:

1 Like