Issue with Xert ZWO file downloads

I’m also waiting for the Fulgaz ‘fix’.
Until then, I have tried the zwofactory ‘hack’ and it works so at least there is a work around in the short term.

Does ATV allow you run a browser window?

No I don’t believe it does.

Found this but not sure how easy to do or how well it works –
How to surf the web and use Safari on Apple TV - Macworld UK

Reason I ask you could mount your KKM2 on your bike and watch XO Sessions on the ATV (assuming the browser displays things correctly).
Sessions are designed for solo rides, not just groups.
Create you own private session, link to a ride video on Youtube, and off you go. :slight_smile:
You get all benefits of EBC as a workout player and videos to watch without spending a dime.
Then you don’t have to worry importing Xert workouts into Fulgaz or losing any SMART intervals. :smiley:
If you decide to investigate this option, let us know how well it works and which option you used.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing this but it would have to be option 3 that I carried out and it looks far too complicated for me.

1 Like

Same here. Instead I run Xert on an old iPad (love the fact that it runs on that!), my phone or Edge 1030, then watch whatever I want on the ATV or run a FulGaz video.

Bringing this to the top again as I downloaded two workouts from Xert to PC and then uploaded them to Fulgaz. In the Fulgaz workout page (where you upload workouts) one had a correct TSS figure for the workout and the other didnt. Needless to say the one with TSS=0 did not work in Fulgaz but the other one did.
I can reload the same file (0 TSS) and get the same results every time. The Xert workout is in the Coach section and is called ‘Build Me Up’ by Scott Manning if anyone else wishes to test it out.

PS I was surprised that when searching standard workouts this did not appear and yet I found it under Coach library. Is there some sort of filter settable on workouts and I have I enabled it by accident?

I thought you liked SMART workouts. :wink:
You know how I feel about dumbing them down by exporting to %FTP blocks. :grimacing:
Build Me Up uses XSSR for both the work and rest intervals when run on a Xert app.

Searching the Workout library from the XO menu defaults to the Standard list tab. However, if you search using Filter next to Recommended Workouts (on the Training tab) the default is all three types (Standard, Coach, or Personal).
The search box on the Planner page also locates any workout and you can drag/drop the results to populate the Planner.

Which Fulgaz video did you want to watch? Have you tried creating a solo session instead? Works like a dream to watch YT videos during a workout. Bike the World and Indoors Cycling Training are great sources but any YT video will work.
The Filter search box also works when assigning a workout to the session.

Reference:
Advanced Workout Design using SMART Intervals – Xert (baronbiosys.com)
Example solo session: https://forum.xertonline.com/uploads/default/original/2X/c/cad1241e4d2d8f270f1aea1dd9a69c2dc70069d3.jpeg
Starter Guide: Xert Sessions – Xert (baronbiosys.com)

Here we are 6 months later and the xert zwo files still don’t work with fulgaz. Very disappointing.

Don’t really have any further comments :confused: . The same files work in other platforms :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Yes agree 100% :+1: