Garmin 1050 - data fields

Hi Xert team,

I recently got the new Garmin Edge 1050. I had been using the Xert data fields on my old Garmin flawlessly but they don’t seem to show up in the Garmin Connect Store for the 1050 - could someone take a look into this and enable them? I know the workout app might need some work first - but I would have thought the data fields should just work.

Kind regards,
David

2 Likes

please

Another please (also requested an upgrade via ConnectIQ). There’s one that has been updated, the XSS Buckets, but even that doesn’t work well on the 1050 - the font size means the stats bars on top of the buckets are just a few mm tall, unreadable during a ride.

I’ve got a few events coming up pretty much every weekend starting this, and I’d like to have my MPA and TTE visible while riding with the 1050.

Me too please. The MyFTP field is one of my most used data fields alongside windfield

Thanks

Hello Xert Community,

We’re thrilled to announce that in about a month, we’ll be rolling out another brand new data field for the Edge 1050 (and Edge x30/x40 units too)! This new data field will replace the older MPA/Power, Fat/Carbs, and other existing data fields. Updating each of our (many) existing data fields involves a significant effort in terms of loading, recompiling, and publishing. We are committed to delivering the best possible user experience with the new data field.

Additionally, we are pleased to inform you that XSS Buckets data field v7.3 is now available. Please update your data field via Garmin ConnectIQ mobile app or Garmin Express for PC/Mac to enjoy the latest features and improvements.

Thank you for your continued support and feedback!

7 Likes

Will this include the MyFTP data field. Huge loss for me if not

Yes, we’re planning to recompile all 7 data fields along with the workout player for the new Garmin Edge 1050. At this time, we don’t have a specific ETA for these updates.

It’s worth noting that Garmin typically releases new devices without prior notification, which can sometimes pose challenges for us in integrating these updates into our already busy development cycle.

Thank you for your patience as we work to optimize our tools for the latest Garmin devices!

2 Likes

Fantastic news, thanks!!

As a by the way. Not having the MyFTP data field forced me to try the XSS Buckets data field v7.3. It’s awesome, I’ve used it to get 2 breakthroughs so far :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Good News!

Can I suggest a few changes as well?

• The green dot indicating that everything is updated should be removed. Keep the other dots indicating that the update is ongoing or failed. Less clutter on the Garmin when riding and everything is fine.
  • in XXS Bucket: Can you add a config to choose between completed XSS and percentage? The continuous switching is annoying.
3 Likes

Hi guys, any update on the new Xert for Garmin tools?

The team is working on some really nice new Garmin capabilities. Can’t say exactly when they’ll be completed but they’re in active development.

2 Likes

Oh yes, please, please!

3 Likes

For those who have not noticed the data fields are now available for the Edge 1050.

Thanks Xert Team for updating the Garmin data fields, greatly appreciated :heart:

@xertedbrain any news on the

nice new Garmin capabilities

you hinted at? You got us all excited! What is it? :star_struck: :grin:

Are people using the MPA data field with the 1050? I’ve added it, set my Xert credentials, but still the MPA is not updating to my Xert MPA, it’s staying at the default 1,200.

Just got my 1050 and I had hours of confusion trying to setup the data fields. I used to use the Garmin Connect app in the "activities and apps’ settings for my device to add and change settings for Connect IQ apps/data fields… with the 1050 this option no longer exists in the Connect IQ app. I was able to add the data fields using Garmin Express, or from the device itselft, but I could not find where to change the field settings, ie. Xert usr/pwd… until Dave Brillhart and Kelly on facebook explained that I needed to use yet another Garmin app Connect IQ App…aha. Then it worked. But it’s a bit odd, I’m still not sure which app is the key to syncing, Connect or Connect IQ app. I now have Buckets working but MPA/Power datafields are not updating with my MPA even though I updated the credentials.

I don’t have a 1050 but I don’t think the data fields work any differently than before.
To setup a Connect IQ app/data field (once installed) I turn on my Garmin device, run Garmin Connect on my phone (Android), tap the device once paired (green dot), tap device name, select Activities, Apps & More, tap Data Fields, tap MPA and Power (or Update if that is required*), then tap Settings and enter my Xert credentials, then save setup by tapping Done.
Once setup the data field should sync with XO any time I Start a ride on the Garmin device. That can take up to a minute or more. Make sure your phone is running Garmin Connect in background.

*It is recommended to remove any Connect IQ data fields defined on device’s Data Pages before updating, then reinstall after the update.

Details and troubleshooting tips here –
How do I install, configure, & update the Xert Garmin ConnectIQ Apps? – Xert (baronbiosys.com)

It worked as expected for me. I added username and password through Garmin Express (go to “IQ Apps” → “…” behind the App/data field to access the settings) and the data fields updated as usual

Strange today, 5 minutes into the ride they updated, so all good.

Beware that to sync your mobile phone needs internet connection after the garmin start button was pressed, next to the BT connection to your Garmin. A common pitfall with this is to start the activity while leaving home. Here the phone might still be connected to your wifi but few seconds/meters later that connection is lost and the phone needs to establish internet connectivity via 5G. That could lead to an interrupted data field sync. Often I find that this does not auto recover until I briefly pause/start the activity on the Garmin to force a new sync attempt.
Therefore my advice is to always start the activity while being out of your domestic wifi range.

1 Like

Ah, that annoying issue as you leave your home wifi, always annoys me with Teams calls as well, mobile phones seem to desparately hang on to the wifi even when the signal is too weak.

The pause/unpause is a great tip, I’ll have to try this… I wonder if this works for the Buckets as well, sometimes the buckets don’t auto update.

It should also work for the buckets.

2 Likes