Hi All,
I am looking to train in becoming a better hill climber and time triallist. I am wanting to make the move into TT’s next year as my main form of competition as I prefer steady state efforts and tend to get walloped in bunch sprints in crit and road races.
I have been using Xert since February 2025, initially focussing on 5 minute power from February 2025 until November 2025. From November 2025 until April 2026 I was focussing on 8 minute power as per the XFAI - Event. April 2026 until September I was then focussing on 10 minute power as per the XFAI - Event.
My Xert spider chart is fairly uniform and I am struggling to workout where I could turn my attention to get the best results for hill climbing, time trialling, and small achievements like a sub 40 minute Alpe du Zwift. I find being an all-rounder means that I have too much choice in terms of focus duration and scouring the xert forum and glossary/blog does not help me much.
I am torn between working on 10 or 20 minute power for my goals. Any help and insight would be greatly appreciated.


