Event longer than 12 Hours

Hello,

I am considering taking part in an event at the end of January that will run for 24 hours straight to see how far you can ride. I want to plan for this event, but I see that the maximum number of hours you can set for the event-based program is 12 hours.

What can I do about it?

Also, is there any way to see what my daily XSS targets were on previous days?

Hi @malhaarkale - Welcome! :slight_smile:

Changing the duration of your event mainly affects the expected XSS (watch the predicted XSS change as you adjust the duration of your event). Have you done any 24-hour events and checked the activity in Xert? What was the total L/H/P XSS, and how does it compare to the predicted XSS if you set the duration to 12 hours?

For events over 12 hours, aim to increase your training load as much as possible within your training time. You can do this by setting a GOAL program to boost your 8-minute power, for example, and see how much Xert predicts you can increase it before your event. Use a Polar specificity to tell Xert to focus on increasing Threshold Power over HIE and PP.

We do have a few nifty features around the corner that might help with this as well. :slight_smile:

Which program type are you using? Forecast AI (Goal, Event, Race) or XATA (Base-Build-Peak, Continous Improvement, Challenge)?

From the today page, you can use the arrows to view the past days XSS Overview, which includes the daily targets & completed. (note: we’re patching a small bug where ‘Completed XSS’ isn’t showing correctly).

If you have an XFAI plan or if you schedule a workout in your planner, you can click on the circle in the planner to view the Planned/Forecasted vs Completed XSS. The circle is also colour-coded by L/H/P if you met the planned/forecasted XSS:

Thank you for the detailed response.

No. This will be my first such kind of event.

Thanks. I’ll try this. I had selected Competitive Grand Fondo as an activity which resembled closest to the event (other than hours).

So, what I need to try and explore is which combination suggests the highest Xert prediction for Low XSS score, and coupled with some High XSS. Since it is not a race and more about completing maximum distance, Peak XSS shouldn’t be a priority. Am I right?

Currently on XATA Continuous Improvement

I thought going back to the previous day would show that day’s target and completion but the numbers remained unchanged from today’s numbers. Maybe this is due to bug you already are working upon.

This circle appears for some of the days and not for the rest. Not sure how and why it doesn’t appear all the time. For the rest of the days it only shows completed XSS without scheduled XSS numbers.