Dfa alpha 1 in Xert ebc

@ManofSteele, nice article in pezcycling (How To Use Heart Rate Variability DURING Training – PezCycling News) on using dfa 1 for zone 1 training.

You managed to convince me to cough up the cash and try the hrvlogger app. It turned out my zone 1 was close (-10w) to my LTP, which i was impressed with despite testing on an outdoor ride. Fortunately I ride the same outdoor route 2x every day, so it’s going to be interesting to see how consistent that is over the course of a week, and over time with fitness.

So im now left wondering, is it wishful to think your article is a sign that a DFA alpha 1 field will be coming to xert ebc in the near future?

I sure hope so, as it’s a pain switching between the two apps (xert + hrvlog), and I don’t want to have to choose which one gets sole rights to my bluetooth hrm on zone 1 rides!

If you have the Polar H10 then it has dual Bluetooth streams. You have to turn the 2nd one in in the Polar app.

1 Like

Hi @Jarradk ,

Thanks for reading my article! I hope you found it interesting and useful as you start experimenting with DFAa1!

At this time, no. The articles I write for Pez are typically related to (relatively) newer research studies that I find interesting. I think DFAa1 is one of the hotter topics in endurance sports right now, so figured it would be a good topic for the article. There are no plans at the moment to include any form of DFAa1 monitoring directly in Xert EBC or Xert Online. Seems most folks are using the HRVLogger or Runalyze to do some of the analysis with DFAa1.

As @carytb mentioned, there is a setting in the Polar app to duplicate the H10’s Bluetooth signal so you can pair to two apps simultaneously.

1 Like