AI Beta - Workout Duration Edit

Hi All,

So I am hoping to use the AI Forecast for training for an event end of april, it’s a 142 km ~1250 m elevation gran fondo that I expect to take about 5 to 5.5 hours based on previous years.

1. I have found that in order to get ‘polarised’ training like I’d prefer for event I need to say it is a recreational group ride rather than a Gran Fondo. Is there a reason you can’t edit this for events?

2. When the plan is created there are some monster rides like 306 XSS low intensity estimated to take 5-6 hours, and total weekly training times pressing up to 13 hours. This isn’t realisitic.
    a) Is there a way to edit this in the set-up and cap workout duration or otherwise?
    b) I can see I can set availability to a set number of hours in the planner and then adapt forecast…is there a more efficient way to do this rather than day-by-day (e.g. set all sundays to 3 hours) or somesuch? Edit: I just noticed it does do it for all days! However, it won’t reforecast, I imagine because my hours are now too low to achieve the XSS Ramp?? So still how can I cap hours in getting to ‘as fit as possible’ for event.

Thanks for the help.
Alex

Make sure your current fitness signature is up-to-date. Maybe you are fitter than what Xert thinks. If so, it might be easier to reach your goal.

Try to use Run Forecast AI under goals instead of Adapt Forecast if you used that.

You say it is not realistic to do a 5-6 hour ride. Is this because your time available or because you do not have the endurance to ride for that long? Xert currently creates a longer workouts and rest days. I think this is mainly because of the way the plan is generated, not because Xert thinks you will get a different training effect. So if you have rest days feel free train on these as well (less to do on the remaining days).

1 Like

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah I noticed Adapt doesn’t work great and that their was a thread on that subsequent to this so have been using run. Also wondering whether to switch it to a target power instead of event.

The time available is the issue. Interesting observation on the way it’s creating workouts…there are certainly lots of rest days scheduled to follow this suggestion with [rest, not recovery days which i understand are different], then do what you can on the ‘long ride’ days and hit adapt/run regularly I guess is the other part to that?

I imagine a sports science person will say this means I am slightly losing specificity (training being on the bike for the event duration, the adaptations from long uninterrupted riding). Anyone know what is the expected impact of that on the final outcome?