XFAI Catch-up mode?

Probably not a priority but just requesting if there is anyway to have some kind of catch-up mode for XFAI?
Not really sure what format it takes but I am asking because some weeks or even months life just gets busy and you miss a lot of rides that can suddenly make it difficult to get a plan or adapt the current plan without still getting magenta days.

It would be great to have something where you could say “this week I can actually go above the programmed hours” and it tries to catch you up (assuming you are limited by hours; not recovery) or perhaps more useful would be ‘optional’ sessions where it drops in suggested XSS accrual on unavailable days, rest days, or in addition to what is scheduled for a given day [maybe its kinda faded out] to tell you ‘if you can fit this in its the pathway back on track’.

For example I always set Fridays as unavailable, have weekly hours set to 10.5 hours and have Flex limits on days loosely tied to that cap. It would be useful if when I hit adapt because of all the sessions I missed due to work, it dropped in and said “if you can fit an hour on this Friday” or “if you can add 20 more mins to your 1 hour cap on Monday” then this is the optimal pathway back on-track (even if it breaks my constraints on availability, weekly hours, polarization/periodization).

i.e. Tell me what I could do to catch back up and let me decide if I can or can’t fit it in.

1 Like

It sounds like the problem is that you have set a weekly hours constraint, which you do not want to follow for certain weeks?

I normally set the weekly constraint to max and set default max for each week day. If I want to catch up I just raise the daily constraints to allow Xert to catch up.

A reasonable feature would be to have a default weekly max which you can override for each week. This can also be useful if you have more time certain weeks because of vacation/holidays. Or even due to seasonal changes (willing to cycle more in May/June/July than in Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr due to weather).

Kind of - the weekly hours is to try and keep things ‘reasonable’ on the whole but inevitably life means some weeks your max is 3 hours and others its 20 hours. Setting to max is a good suggestion but I think that might stuff up XFAI thinking there is a plan to reach event readiness.

Agree on the default…I kind of found what seems to be a slight hack around it; go in and reduce your recovery needs a touch…risky if you did need that recovery of course.