Xert PLayer, is this for road rides?

I am wondering if it would be useful to incorporate this to my Edge 520 and do some of the recommended rides on the road. I think they would be next to impossible to adhere to due to all of the uncontrollable variables in road riding.

Hi Craig,

We have plenty of people that use the Xert player on the roads. In fact, our SMART workouts are fantastic for using out on the roads, since the interval duration and intensity are adjusted on the fly depending on how you’re performing the intervals. (for example, if you coast for a little bit while approaching a stop sign, the interval will be extended). Before using outdoors, be sure that you enable GPS (press the ‘SELECT’ button, then scroll to GPS and turn it ON). Cheers

OK, wow, now I have this downloaded and will try to do a suggested workout to prevent myself from burning myself out just going out and riding for 30 miles as hard as I can every other day or so like I have been. I think I am falling hard for this.

Awesome! Let us know what you think of it. If you need any help with it, feel free to consult our FAQ here: http://baronbiosys.com/faq-items/using-the-xert-workout-player-for-garmin-connectiq/