Xert "form" follows HRV quite well actually!

I compared Xerts form to my HRV (HRV4Training).

Form:

HRV:

Form & HRV:

Rest leads to form++ and HRV++

Anomali: (form not coresponding wit HRV)

Before training I check (1) Xerts form, (2) HRV advice and (3) my subjective feeling of form.

It would be great to have HRV integrated in Xert app:

1 Like

Thanks @Bosch75! Great post.

The most important thing about HRV (and even Marco Altini acknowledges this) is to take measurements very consistently so that they can be compared. HRV is a relative metric and not an absolute one so you’ll need to take measurements, for example, in the morning at the same time and in the same position for example. We likely wouldn’t make it available in our app since it’s more something you’d want to track for yourself day-to-day.

However, we could take those readings from the HRV Training say and then adjust the recommendations for the day based on them. But as you point out, it’s normally only to catch those anomalies that aren’t present in your training data that we have. While it would be convenient to capture these and automate the adjustements, how they affect your ability to train is still unclear. For example, if your HRV is saying readiness is poor and this is due to a hard weight-training session the day before, if it was an upper-body session it may not affect your ability to train on the bike. So we’d need more context and allow manual feedback rather than just use the HRV data without this. So for those days when the Xert form is different from your HRV is suggesting, a manual override would be sufficient from the user’s perspective. You could adjust freshness feedback or just choose a workout/ride that better matches what you feel ready for, keeping an eye on how that may affect your progress.

We have a blog that goes into this there that may help: Assessing Readiness to Train – Xert

Thanks again. Great topic.

This is how my last 3 months compare.

" You could adjust freshness feedback or just choose a workout/ride that better matches what you feel ready for, keeping an eye on how that may affect your progress."
This is true. I should check HRV and adjust feedback in Xert. This way ‘form’ can calculate better advice.

1 Like