Workout with Wahoo Element

Hello, I´ve just open an account in XERT to test, and I see that´s not possible to use workout with my Wahoo Element.
Is there anything that I´m not doing right, or is not possible because any incompatibility??

Thanks

Search this forum and weep - by now, I guess it safe to say that direct Xert pushing to Wahoo is NEVER going to happen.

There are probably some smart kids out there working on a workaround, as it should be possible to find out why the TCX doesn’t work, but I wouldn’t hold my breath if I were you.

I went back to Garmin and have a whole different universe of problems, which basically keeps me from using Xert with my head unit altogether.

I should add that Xert is not to blame for either of these, Garmin or Wahoo related, issues…

A workaround is to use your phone.

Not while I’m cycling outdoors.

1 Like

Hold that thought…

I am aware of alternatives like that and they are great, but I’m not mounting my iPhone 11 Pro and I’m not buying another phone just as a cycling computer.

Let’s not reverse things - I’d rather see more universal solutions.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, if your current bike computer doesn’t have Xert features and isn’t likely to have them in the future, your only options are either to trade it in for a bike computer that does or potentially use a second device such as your phone for those situations where you want Xert features on the road. Opting to trade in your phone and your bike computer for a single device is now becoming a reasonable option and will be becoming more and more so over time.

I have an Edge 530 - that works, until Garmin ‘does’ something.

My bike computer, nor my phone, or my trainer (Tacx Neo) is not the problem.

It’s parties creating and/or protecting their own products and denying others, like Xert, to connect to them.

1 Like

Agreed. The future and ultimate solution is the rise of the single machine. :slight_smile:
Garmin Connect IQ is quirky and other brands offer nothing to support add-ins.
Besides, you need an OS like Android to take full advantage of what the Xert Player can do and visually display.
If the Karoo 2 does not pan out (history of over promising/under delivering) the Unihertz Atom looks like a serious contender. One device that will do everything I need (GPS, Xert Player, smartphone with NFC wallet, dual cameras, fingerprint unlock, tethers, USB-C/OTG, IP68, <250 USD). Hmm… what’s not to like? Okay, their bike mount sucks but I imagine a Garmin or GoPro adapter will show up on Shapeways soon enough.

2 Likes

Atom L is a bit bigger and likely is suitably big enough to be a phone and suitably small enough to be a bike computer. Hard thing to straddle. Cubot King Kong Mini is there too although battery life might be a bit too low for those doing 100k+ rides in the sun at full brightness. Haven’t yet tested it in sub-freezing temps. Not quite as feature rich too as the Atom.

The Atom is smaller than a Garmin 1030.
1030: 58 x 114 x 19 mm, 88.9 mm diagonal 282 x 470 pixels
Atom: 45 x 96.6 x 18.8 mm, 62.2 mm diagonal 240 x 432 pixels, Android 9, 4G
Is that too small of a screen to run the mobile app effectively?.
Atom L: 65 x 134.5 x 17.5 mm, 117 mm diagonal 1136 x 640 pixels, Android 10, 5G

Looks like this glue-on Garmin mount adaptor (32x32mm) will work with either model:

But I would definitely tether it. :wink:
Another option for the Atom L is a Quadlock Universal Fit (56x66mm adaptor) and they offer stem or out front mounts.