Weight

I want to sync the my weight of garmin or myfitnesspal with xert.
Do you have a development plan?

Hello Kim,

We haven’t looked into integration with weight data from Garmin or MyFitnessPal. This is the first time it has been requested.

If you are not aware, you can change your weight on each activity. There is a small pencil icon beside your weight data on the Activity Details page that you can click on and change your weight.

This seems to be the most recent feature request to sync weight between Garmin and Xert. It’d be great if support for that could be added, on top of the sync from Strava (who maintains Strava as the source of truth for their weight?!). :slight_smile:

How would Xert benefit from knowing about your weight training? The cross training effect of weight training to cycling will depend very much on which muscles you are using and it becomes very complex.
I think it is a bigger potential to account for training stress generated from non-cycling activities such as running or XC skiing. For those activities, HR is a good measure of intensity (even not perfect), and there is a more or less consistent cross training effect. Still, how big the effect is perhaps not clear.

I think you misunderstood. I’m asking for my weight data to sync, not my weight training activities (although those do already sync from Garmin). I weigh myself every morning and log that in Garmin.

3 Likes

I also add my weight in garmin daily so this would be a plus.