Weight categories/Overtraining Protection/Gear Ratios not available/Strava Data

Hello Armando - after 1 day of experience with Xert I am feeling that it is ticking all the boxes for me concerning my training needs. I have yet to try a workout, but that is for this evening.

I love it!

My equipment is a Kickr Snap, Wahoo Blue SC, Wahoo Tickr, and PowerTap P1 pedals.

My bicycle is a Cannondale Synapse HiMod, with 50/34, a “modified” rear end with an 11-42 cogset (Ultegra long cage Di2 and Lindarets Road Link), with 170 or 165mm cranks.

I subscribe to Zwift.

I have a couple of questions:

Question 1a:

Will Xert have weight categories - especially differentiation over 200 lbs?

After an extended period of illness I am working hard to get back into shape including losing a LOT of weight. Everything is going well I am happy to report.

The weight gain and long term battle for my health has been devastating to me and my family, BUT everything is going great.

However, my single biggest grievance with Strava is the lack of weight categories over 200 lbs.

For me, being able to compare to athletes of comparable age and MOST importantly weight is a “huge” motivation.

Xert does not have weight categories and I am hoping that it is a feature that can be added in.

Question 1b:

Can I use Xert to help me protect my self from overtraining?

Due to my particular health issues, one of the problems I have is overtraining - it really sneaks up on me and has huge impacts. I was off the bike for about 6 months last year due to this.

Question 2:

There is no choice for my gear ratios (11-42) in Settings -> Bike tab. Will this be a problem?

Question 3:

Is there a way to retrieve more than 1 year of data from Strava?

Thank you so much for your reply to these questions.

Eric,

Thanks for your questions. We had also received the same via email and have since responded. Here is a copy of the email for others that may be interested in answers:

On 17-05-24 01:52 PM, Eric Jerome Jackson wrote:

Hello Armando – after 1 day of experience with Xert I am feeling that it is ticking all the boxes for me concerning my training needs. I have yet to try a workout, but that is for this evening.

I love it!

Us too!

My equipment is a Kickr Snap, Wahoo Blue SC, Wahoo Tickr, and PowerTap P1 pedals.

My bicycle is a Cannondale Synapse HiMod, with 50/34, a “modified” rear end with an 11-42 cogset (Ultegra long cage Di2 and Lindarets Road Link), with 170 or 165mm cranks.

I subscribe to Zwift.

I have a couple of questions:

Question 1a:

Will Xert have weight categories – especially differentiation over 200 lbs?

At the moment we have straight watts and watts/kg categories.

After an extended period of illness I am working hard to get back into shape including losing a LOT of weight. Everything is going well I am happy to report.

The weight gain and long term battle for my health has been devastating to me and my family, BUT everything is going great.

Sorry to hear that. Glad things are turning around.

However, my single biggest grievance with Strava is the lack of weight categories over 200 lbs.

For me, being able to compare to athletes of comparable age and MOST importantly weight is a “huge” motivation.

Xert does not have weight categories and I am hoping that it is a feature that can be added in.

Hopefully the straight power categories work well for you.

Question 1b:

Can I use Xert to help me protect my self from overtraining?
Always pay attention to how you feel. If you see Xert showing “Very Tired” for more than a few days, you should likely start paying more attention to things to avoid overtraining.

Due to my particular health issues, one of the problems I have is overtraining – it really sneaks up on me and has huge impacts. I was off the bike for about 6 months last year due to this.

You may want to extend the Recovery Load Time Constants (current set at 7). This will likely help increase the guard against overtraining.

Question 2:

There is no choice for my gear ratios (11-42) in Settings → Bike tab. Will this be a problem?

Those are only used in determining your current gear. It’s not a great feature, hence being turned off by default.

Question 3:

Is there a way to retrieve more than 1 year of data from Strava?

Yes. Just use custom “from” and “to” dates.

Thank you so much for your reply to these questions.