Using Xert with another training platforms

RGT Cycling - Free and it works great with Xert workouts - see overlay below or you can upload the exported Xert workout as a .zwo file.

I really rate FulGaz. Many more rides are being added and there is a lot of variety. Certainly works with Xert. I run Xert on my iPad and FulGaz on my laptop

2 Likes

So what is your setup exactly?

1. XERT on Garmin & Phone + PC + Xert remote?
  2. How did you setup RGT (Free) to work with xert workouts?
  3. Is this setup working with SMART workouts as well?

Thanks!

Hehe, that’s pretty cool!

You can also export a Xert workout to Fulgaz. No SMART mode but that doesn’t matter to me as I have never seen it kick in anyway.

2 Likes

Hi - I’ve been using Xert with BigRingVR. It’s not quite as well known as the others but it’s great if you prefer real videos to virtual rendering.

Fine with using a power meter to drive a trainer (power match) and then use the power to simulate the ride in the software.

Can import workouts too

Hi Alex,

tried for the same time XERT+RGT yesterday. Pretty easy.
In my setting was my Garmin Edge 530 controlling the trainer via XERT Garmin IQ, hence ERG and SMART workout.
Then RGT connected to the power and cadence of my trainer with no control on it. This ensured that I (actually my avatar) was riding at the watt-per-kg driven by XERT and therefore the SMART feature was preserved.
I did not use the Remote Player as was my first test with this combo, just read the display on my Garmin. I just guess would have been even more a nice experience with the more informative Remote Player.

Hope this helps

1 Like

That is exactly what I do as well. Except I use an Edge 520 and have the remote player running on my iPhone. Great combination.

I managed to figure it out. Now all I am left with is have you / any coaches tried this overlay method out for group rides yet ?

Have you try to upload a Xert workout in Fulgaz?
I’ve try (Windows app), and it doesnt work.

It definitely works. Save the Xert workout as a zwo file.
Upload it to FulGaz under the workouts tab on the webpage.
Select a ride in FulGaz
Select workout and choose the ride you have uploaded. Ensure you are in steady mode and away you go.

1 Like

I also use Fulgaz and have no problems uploading an xert zwo workout to it.

Thanks for your answer.
I do exactly the same but it doesnt work.
All the workout is @ 0 in fulgaz (target power, duration, TSS).
Both of you using windows app of Fulgaz?

I use apple TV. Raise a support ticket with fulgaz and they’ll help you out

Hi,
Sorry for the late response but I get held up with things and quarantine generally and totally forgot to check the forum.

Thank you all for your answers.

@montemuggio: tnx for the tips. I’ll give RGT another try.

As for the setup I settled in is using Xert on my edge 520 or phone (ANT+ connection) + Rouvy (without control) on iPad or Laptop (BT connection). That works pretty fine for now :slight_smile:

1 Like

With regards to exporting Xert workouts to zwo files and importing them into Fulgaz, I have found that it doesn’t work if I go directly. I have to import them into Trainerday (ERGdb) and then re-export them as zwo files to get them to work. This is on Windows 10.

Mike

I have just tried importing a zwo file into FulGaz on IPad. No problem.
However on Windows 10 I see the TSS 0 result that @Yohan85 reported.
I will raise a support request on it because it is clearly a FulGaz issue as the file mist be formatted correctly to be read in from an IPad.

@themagicspanner we seem to be following each other on Xert, FulGaz and TR. We obviously like our data.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip with trainerday.
I just did a test, it seems to work.

I logged a support call with FulGaz and they were already aware. Reply below.

Hi there John!

Many thanks for contacting us in regards to this.

We know of this and are working on it. It appears to be a Windows 10 bug - caused by Xert. providing far too many decimal places in the workout file that is corrupting/crashing Win10.

We are looking to a workout around for this, however it only accounts for about 5% of users - so we can’t give a ETA as of yet.

Uploaded zwo files is missing the smart function. And the video material in Rouvy are shit. Just my opinion.