Unable to start a workout

I have the beta version of the xert player installed on both my android phone and my android chromebook.

The player works fine on the phone but I just cannot get the “play” button to work when trying to use the player on my chromebook. Everything else is fine. The workout shows but just wont do anything if I click the play button.

Help please?

Might be due to a design or layout issue. It looks like the start button is in a space which your phone also needs. I have that on my iPhone (X & 11) sometimes, because of the missing home button…

3 Likes

How old is the Chromebook?
Has the player ever worked well on a Chromebook?
Note the compatibility comment at the end of this article –

Its 2 months old and is a latest model running the play store

I’ve discovered that if I use the Tab key I can tab through to the play button and hitting the enter key starts the workout. I’m unable to play it using the mouse to click on it as the little padlock appears to be over it and prevents the use of it.

1 Like

I refer to my earlier comment :joy: On an iPhone, there’s no tab, so you have the advantage there :sunglasses:

1 Like

Just providing options here… here is another potential solution: https://www.howtogeek.com/312046/how-to-resize-android-apps-on-chromebooks/

1 Like

Thanks. I’ll check that out tomorrow.

Hi Scott,

Unfortunately that article is almost 3 years old and the instructions/visuals look nothing like what’s available on the latest Android and Chrome version (8).

Thanks for sharing it though. I will see if there’s anything more recent out there.

From the looks of it (searching old posts and help desk articles) I don’t think there is anyone running the player on a Chromebook. More likely they run the viewer/monitor there and the player on their phone.
I take it your goal is to run the player on your Chromebook and skip using the smartphone?

1 Like

Yeah that was my plan but it’s no issue. I’ll just run it on my phone.

We’re also taking a look into it on our end. I’ll keep you updated.

1 Like

Hi George,

Can you kindly drop support an email with the hardware/software versions? I can then share the specific details directly with our tech support team so we can try and replicate & then resolve the issue. Cheers

Hi Scott,

I’m trying to email them now but the support page doesn’t appear to be working…

Can you please let me know the support email address?

Thanks
George

It’s working now Scott. Email now sent to support.

Thanks
George

1 Like