Training Status not updated?

Hi all,

My Training Status is showing 4 stars for some time now.

What I understand from the manual is that 4 stars indicate an Trainingload between 110 and 150.
4 Stars – Elite: 150 > Training Load >= 110
But when I look at my performance graph from this year it never goes over 110.
This makes me suspect that my Training Status isn’t being updated.
Anyone any clues? Thanks!

Gr Johan B

What does it say when you hover over the stars, Elite or Competitive? If you have 3.85 stars, you won’t be able to tell it’s not 4, but your status is still that of 3…

And the verdict is… Competitive :slight_smile:
Thanks for pointing that out. You could say that it was sort of a hidden feature :-).
Clearly an mathematician who worked on the star gauge and not an visual artist :-).
Clear case of round up stars :slight_smile:

Your TL chart tells the right story - the stars are just a visual representation and not big enough to see the final 1/10 missing :joy:

1 Like

Only a TL of 110. You must feel ashamed with such a low TL :smiley:

1 Like

You should tell that to my wife :rofl:

1 Like

Mine is fully onboard, especially now that I get out every day :joy:

1 Like

He wish - he’s still missing 1/10th of his 4th :star:

:joy:

That is quite some TL and XSS/Week :astonished:
I do have the feeling I am at the ceiling already right now with and TL of ~100-120/day.
Altough on Bikepacking tour last year I did an weekly average of 223/day but that is only temporary.

Gr Johan B

1 Like

I usually have a goal to work towards and I would be in the middle of ‘classics’ season right now. Even though that is gone, I just do what I would have done anyway, just indoor for climbing and on flat terrain for endurance.

I wasn’t on Xert at the time, but I remember peaking at a fitness of ~150 when I was going to France for a mountain cycling trip. That was Strava’s calculation, not sure what Xert makes of that.

Anyway, I’m still hoping Tenerife in September is on - it will be difficult to change that for another trip to the Dolomites or something, if we are not informed in due time…

1 Like

I read you’r using BigRingVR for the climbs. Are doing “just” the climb with the altitude or do your play an Xert workout and have BigRingVR only for the scenery?

Strava’s Relative Effort is more heartrate focused i noticed. Currently my score is just around 100. If I do a big ride outside (without power meter) then my RE is sky rocketing while Xert’s derived score is often comparable to half of the RE. One of the reason’s I ordered this weekend a new Power Meter for my outside bike :-).

Fingers crossed for Tenerife. I guess it also depends what happens in the other European countries (in this case Spain) concerning Covid measures.
The re-scheduled #RATN is at 29th August :disappointed: Which is currently just 3 days before the prohibation on group events is lifted.

I have a PM on my outside bikes and a Tacx Neo. I usually do a workout, controlling the Tacx with the iPhone app (BLE) and using the Ant+ channel to move my BigRingVR ‘avatar’…

Which PM did you order? I have Assioma Duo’s and PowerTap P1 pedals - I tried Garmin Vector 3 as replacement for the P1’s, but they were crappy (both data transfer-wise and design) and I ditched them…

I read just the other day that the canary islands might not reopen to tourists again until December. My son and I have a week in Tenerife or Gran Canaria every December so I’m keeping my fingers crossed

I’ve heard - and feared - that too. I wish they would let us know asap, so we can plan something else…

1 Like

I did order the “Stages 105 R7000” left pedal only.
Didn’t feel like investing heavily in a PM since it is only to be used with Xert.
It is my first PM and it is intended to replace the outside heart rate derived rides in Xert.
This Stages PM had good reviews (~1.5% accuracy), long battery life and costs only 300,- euros.

Gr. Johan

2 Likes

That’s the power meter I have too. 3rd generation. Great pm.

Good to hear George :grinning::+1:
How is battery life? According to the manual it should be 200hrs but that often rather optimistic.

1 Like

Battery life is pretty good. I’m not sure of the exact hours but it’s pretty long.

1 Like

I still have a 1st gen on my indoor bike, but I don’t use it anymore, since swapping pedals is done in a minute. Was a great PM though :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Assioma’s are rechargeable and last up to 60 hours on one charge. One of the reasons I bought them - Garmin did the worst design job on the battery compartment ever, and you need 4 expensive coin cells on two pedals and they last like two weeks…

2 Likes