Training every second day

Dear Xert Community,

during the last weeks I have been keeping a training schedule in which I tried to train every day, but the reality is that on average I train 6 days per week. This was possible for me since I used to train first thing in the morning, so the room for excuses gets drastically reduced.
My question is, if it really make sense to train every day or if it would be better to train every second day assuming that I keep up with my weekly amount of XSS. This would mean that the training sessions will be harder, but I would be giving my legs more time to recover.
Is there anybody who had experiences with both alternatives?

I think that the athletes age also comes into this. At 55 I cannot do structured workouts every day even though xata wants me to. I have Monday and Friday off every week.

Or longer, or do you consider longer to be harder also? If it means 2+ hours on a trainer every session, it probably is :sunglasses:

1 Like

With harder I mean more XSS, which can be achieved by making the workouts longer, or more intense or a combination of both.

So, what are you training for? If for an event: when?

Depending on that, Xert will guide you, but it’s up to you how you follow. In my experience, it doesn’t really matter if you like to train 6 days a week, or 4.

It’s about how you are able to cope with the load AND the intensity of each session and the total per week.

You may or may not like training every other day. What suits you best, might be bad for me. I think it’s a personal thing.

If you up the intensity you could end up training a different energy system.