Training advisor: "last activity" error

Hello. Since I’ve switched to “Premium” version, Training Advisor always shows the date of my “last activity” as today’s day name (i.e. today is Wednsday, the message is: “The amount of XSS is based on recent activities you performed on Wednesdays” instead of “on Monday, 2019-01-26”, which would be the proper date). The calculations of training status, freshness, training deficit etc seems to be ok, so luckily the problem is not critical, however it would be good to have it fixed. Is it possible? Regards, Marek

Hi Marek. Thanks for switching to Premium! The message is correct as it is telling you that the Workout XSS goal is based on activities you’ve done on Wednesdays. What this is that if on Wednesdays, you ride for 3 hours and do 250XSS, the advisor will recommend a workout with ~250XSS or more to close a deficit, for example. The advisor assumes that the amount of time you have today to train is similar to the time you have spent training on Wednesdays. If this is not the case, you can use the “Load More” button to see workouts of varying duration or use the filter icon to change the duration of the workouts you like to choose from. Hope this helps.

Thank you very much Armando.
So if my last activity was performed on Monday, today is Wednesday, the message “The amount of XSS is based on recent activities you performed on Wednesdays” is correct, in spite of the fact, that I have not performed on Wednesday any activities?

Hi Marek - if you haven’'t performed workouts on Wednesdays, it will pull and average from your weekday rides.

Thank you for the answer.
Maybe I described my problem not clear enough.

1. Today is Thursday
  2. I performed last activity yesterday, on Wednesday
  3. Which message Training Advisor should display today:
    a. “Your current Training Status is Fresh and should consider a Endurance 1 activity or workout, generating about 51 XSS of overall strain. The amount of XSS is based on recent activities you performed on THURSDAYS and will help you move towards a training surplus.”
    or
    b. “Your current Training Status is Fresh and should consider a Endurance 1 activity or workout, generating about 51 XSS of overall strain. The amount of XSS is based on recent activities you performed on WEDNESDAYS and will help you move towards a training surplus.”

“a” (“Thursdays”) or “b”(“Wednesdays”)?

Hi Marek - it should refer to the current day of the week. So if ‘today’ is Thursday, it should say “Thursday”. If your timezone information is correct, and you’re seeing the incorrect day, you should send a note with a screen capture and details of your browser to the support team at support@xertonline.com

Thank you very much! Now everything is absolutly clear for me.
One tip not connected with the main subject. Have you considered adding word “Xert” at the beginning of activities titles exported to Strava? Even as an option (i.e. checkbox in user profile settings). After I started adding “Xert” manually to my activities on Strava account (just for orderliness), I receive many questions from my colleagues “What is it Xert?”, “How does it work?” etc. Unintentionally it turned out to be very simple, but effective marketing. Xert is very good piece of software, but it has still a bit low level of recognizability. It could help a little.
Best regards,
Marek

Hi Marek - we do add ‘Xert’ to activity names through some of the systems, but not all (currently). How are you recording/executing your workouts? If you’re ‘playing’ and recording your workout using a the Xert Mobile app for Android or iOS, we don’t add Xert to the name. But great suggestion…we’ve been sensitive to re-writing users’ activity names, but it’s looking far more commonplace, and therefore more accepted. We’ll look at again. Thanks for the suggestion.