Time limit on training targets

Would love the option to put a time limit on weekly training goals - Realistically my training time is limited but I can work harder in that time to improve. Any chance to have this added?

Change your Improvement Rate to meet your weekly time limit.

I see that - but on “continuous” it seems it would keep going ad infinitum. Does that mean when I hit my target hours I’d have to switch the rate to “maintain”? Is there no way to max out on hours but still grow by selecting harder workouts?

1 Like

I think that is where the “Freshness” Bar comes in. It seems to regulate the Intensity/difficulty of the recommended Training. I am set on Maintenance, Continuous, Optimal Decay. I do 10-11 hours a week and have been able have my Training Load Trend upward over the last 6 weeks. My performance has been improving at these settings and corresponding efforts. At some point, I imagine I will top out and need to do something different but I don’t see that happening for at least 6 months to a year.

Adjusting your fatigue rating (Freshness Bar) to reflect how you feel is a necessary manual program input if you disagree with Xert training recommendation. I follow simple rules… if my training ride feels to hard, rest or go easy, decrease my freshness setting, if it feels to easy I go harder (increase my freshness rating)

Exactly. Set IR to Maintenance when you reach the max hours/week you are comfortable with.
You can also use IR to vary your TL especially when ATP is set to Continuous and you want to take a break (set to Off-Season) or scale back (set to Taper).

As @rgalisky notes you can moderate the intensity of your TL by using the FF slider even though hours/week remain the same. For indoor workouts Load More also offers a wider selection with varying intensity. For blue/green days you might decide to go rogue and use Filter to find something even more challenging. Or search for “hardness” if you really want to bang your head against the wall. :slight_smile:

Reference:
Personalizing Xert’s Training Algorithms by using Freshness Feedback – Xert (baronbiosys.com)
Beginner’s Guide: Improvement Rate – Xert (baronbiosys.com)

1 Like

Thank you. That slider seems quite subjective obviously, how do you use it best? What percentage do you use or just slide it until you get the desired result :slight_smile:

Try +/- 10pts and watch what happens but sometimes only a slight movement makes a difference if you are “on the cusp”.
Click the first link I provided for reference.