Speed from power or speed from Home Trainer

Hello, i have a Drivo 2, and i use Xert android 3.4.4. What is the difference between in options with speed from power and speed from DR (home trainer control) ? What is the better ?
Could you explain the red zone and yellow zone in options Xert android 3.4.4 ?
Thx.

Hi Nathan,

Speed from Power is the recommended setting for Xert Mobile on Android (and iOS). Using speed from a trainer doesn’t make sense, since the speed/distance will only be dependent on the gear that your in (and your cadence), not the effort that you’re putting out.

Speed from power calculates an estimated speed/distance based on your weight and power output, so it will likely be more reliable and closer to what you may have expected to ride outside, given that same effort. Hope this helps!

Hi Scott,

Any update on the excessive speed on the android app?

Maybe not excessive, just optimistic :wink:

The fix has been added to our 3.4.6 build. Should be available soon.

Thx for your explanation for the speed from power. But Could you explain the red zone and yellow zone in options Xert android 3.4.4 ?

compared to my normal outdoor speed it’s really excessive. Compared to everyone else it’s optimistic :rofl:

1 Like

Orange zone represents power outputs that will result in failure within 3 minutes
Red zone represents power outputs that will result in failure within 30s
Purple zone represents a BT!

You’ll notice as you work above TP, the Orange, Yellow, and Purple zones will start decreasing (along with MPA).

Currently ‘Speed from Power’ is more like this:

aerotrike

Than this:
position_02
Somewhere in between should work fine. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I guess overestimating is better than this, I suppose? :man_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

Ha! That’s on my turf. Dutch mountains :sunglasses:

2 Likes

The beta for 3.4.6 should be (fingers crossed) pushed out to Google Play store by the end of the day. Still doing some final testing here :slight_smile:

That’s excellent news Scott. Thanks for this. You do realise that I’ll be complaining that I’m too slow now :wink:

I guess we’ll start prepping 3.4.7 already :wink:

1 Like

Hello, cool for the 3.4.6 update version, i’m beta tester !

1 Like

Chapeau to your developer. He seems to be highly skilled and productive.

1 Like

All our developers are amazing! They do a great job.

btw, version 3.4.6 has officially been pushed into Beta to the play store. Just waiting on Google to review & publish it. Should hopefully be available for you all soon!

I did a test with that build yesterday… easy, 1 hour ride put me right at about 30km, seems close enough for me.

2 Likes

Sounds perfect Scott thanks.

Cool 1 hour ride put me right at about 24km, seems close enough for me.The beta version 3.4.6 is cool for speed.