Set training hours

Hi Matt,

Are you asking how you can set how many hours you have to train for each week? If so, you can find that under the ā€˜GOALSā€™ tab on the main page. You can select an Improvement Rate that matches your time availability for the week from there. Cheers

Hi Newton,

You can set the usual activity time in the fitness planner to 5:30/6:00am, and the fitness planner will then show your freshness/fitness at that point in time for every day on the planner.

Your recommended workouts are calculated on the fly every time you log in. HTH

The Usual Activity Time gets stored in the browserā€™s cache. If you change browsers or open the page incognito, it will set it to the current time. If you use the same browser, the value should be maintained.

Hey all, sorry I thought I typed in my question but it turns out I only typed in the subject line and hit send by mistake.

What I was asking about time availability is how do I set my rides/workouts for a certain lengths of time during the work week, then longer rides over the weekend. I believe I am like most, if not all, of us on here who are basically in the same boat with time availability. With working a 40 (sometimes a bit more) hour work week and taking care of other life things, I have about 1 hour 30-45 minutes left for a ride in the evening after work. But, on Saturday, Sunday and most holidays I have about 3-5 hours. So I was wanting to know how to set my schedule up accordingly so the fitness planner picks the rides out each day to fit the time I have available. Iā€™ll try Scottā€™s suggestion by posting around with the goals tab.

Thanks .

1 Like

The XATA will also learn how you typically train. As you mentioned, do your shorter rides during the week, and longer rides on the weekend. XATA will learn that you have more time to train on weekends and less time to train during the week, which will be reflected in the daily workout suggestions. HTH

High @ManofSteele Scott and @xertedbrain

Iā€™ve just re-upped my Xert sub again to try the forecast beta. Very intriguing and I love a lot of what Xert does.

Just to speed up my (re) learning curve, is it possible to set daily time limits? Or exclude races/particular rides from the future plan stuff?

I just ran the forecast and it immediately has me riding a ~6hr ride on Sunday. The only time I ride on the weekend is either a race, or an hour on Saturday on the trainer.

My data may be a bit messed up still I accidentally double pumped it with data from Strava (I think) when I peeked back in October. That blew out all my Xert data at the time.

You can set this by clicking on the watch icon, which pops up when you place your mouse above a forecast item in the planner.

1 Like

Currently when you forecast a goal or event, the progression schedule isnā€™t restricted in any way.
The routine considers your activity history and applies that to the forecast.
Once you have a forecast plotted on the Planner you can adjust availability for each day of the week as @hpbieker mentions. Once youā€™ve done that, recast your plan and it should factor in your availability settings.
I had some mishaps with this function on my first round of testing but I believe itā€™s fixed now.
The Beta is in flux. :wink:

1 Like

Thanks.

Unfortunately Iā€™m having issues. Itā€™s not updating/saving any changes I try and make.

It lets me click on the watch, select unavailable and default for Sundayā€™s, click save and nothing has changed.

You should see a red or orange dot on the clock for days with availability tweaks.
Once all your days are configured you next need to Adapt Forecast or return to the setup guide and rerun your forecast.
Anytime something is tweaked with a forecast whether a setting or activity based, a red dot will appear on the Adapt Forecast button to remind you to run it.

The orange dot flashes up for half a second then disappears again :man_shrugging:.

Now itā€™s forecasting me a 7hr ride for Sunday lol.

I am sure itā€™s me not entering it right, but itā€™s not going to work well for me if itā€™s constantly scheduling me 3-400XSS a week that I am not going to do any of.

I go through the watch button, select unavailable and default for all Sundayā€™s, apply, then when I click on the forecast button it says itā€™s adapting the plan but then none of the changes I actually want applied seem to be effective.

The only thing which help by me for recalculating, is to use the blue ā€œia beta buttonā€ and go with the same settings through the wizard again. The Adapt Button didnā€™t work for me, too.

2 Likes

Bah, thought that was going to be the solution. I donā€™t know what Iā€™m doing wrong now. Obviously something isnā€™t being saved somewhere along the editing of availability process

Iā€™ve been using Goals, Target Date, and Run Forecast AI with success.
But I have orange and red dots that donā€™t disappear.

1 Like

Thatā€™s what I had to do as well. Iā€™m guessing itā€™s a bug and in the future youā€™ll just be able to click the adapt.

However, Iā€™m not totally sure on that because one time when I adjusted time constraints I didnā€™t have enough time left in the program to achieve the goal. It almost seems like if you change your time constraints you need to go through the whole plan wizard againā€¦

But then again, what if youā€™re not changing time constraints but youā€™re just not training enough? The adapt button might have the same issue of no longer being able to meet the goal.

Iā€™m glad Iā€™m paying for this product and not trying to build it :joy:. Nice job team Iā€™m sure all these issues youā€™ll work out.

1 Like

How do you set the time constraints if thereā€™s nothing on the planner?

i.e. if I deleted the forecast plan, can I go and set the daily limits and then generate a forecast plan?

My ā€œworkflowā€:

Create a plan with the wizard ā€œBlue Button Forecast AI Betaā€
Change the durations,avaibility, worktime, ā€¦
Try the adapt button ā†’ didnĀ“t work for me :slight_smile:
Press the wizard Button and go through the same settings and let it recalculate ā†’ works

1 Like

Weā€™ll take a look at this today. Thanks!

3 Likes