Running with Power

When synchronizing with STRAVA Xert also pulls my running workout, for which I usually record my power (from the stryd footpod). It appears that those workouts (in Strava tagged as “run”) do show in Xert as Bike workouts. Should I delete those in Xert in order for the profile to reflect the correct values of my FTP etc?

At this time, yes. Runs with power should be excluded from your cycling data.

Hey @ManofSteele Is there a way to delete the power metric from my runs and just use the HR derived power so I can keep the runs in my activities? I realize this isn’t ideal, but I just bought a stryd this week and its worked ok when using HR for my training status and form in the past for figuring out my training.

For now it would be nice to just analyze my running power in the stryd app but still have all of my activities in Xert. I’m just wondering if there is the functionality to strip my power either in Xert or if there is a work around outside of Xert.

Thanks.

Hi @Stiven_asdf

Yes there is a workaround! Check out the website fitfiletools.com

They have a ‘field remover tool’, which you can use to remove any metric from a fit file (including Power/HR data). Check it out! Cheers!

1 Like

Thank you so much @ManofSteele

1 Like

Hi here, @ManofSteele small question regarding this: I use Polar Vantage watches, that means that all my runs have power as well and it brakes my cycling ftp. I think it’s possible to filter activities within strava integration, that I don’t have to delete my running activites manually, plus remove “xert breakthrough” comment from my running activities in strava? It’s really annoying that I have to do this especially if I pay for this service.

Hi Anton,

If you head to Sync > Strava, you’ll find an option to filter by activity type. Ensure that ‘Runs’ are disabled and they’ll no longer automatically sync to your Xert account. Hope that helps!

Wow, thank you so much for your help!

I’m keeping the run activities with power sync from Strava but I do use the Flag ("Flag the activity as having errors). I saw when I do this after a run has been synced it will change the FTP, so I assume this flag will exclude the activity but allows to keep the runs in Xert.

Question @ManofSteele : can I use this as a workaround or is it still recommended to just delete the run activities with power?

One workaround or feature request could be to allow the user to select if power vs HR should be used for a certain type of activity (running, cycling, rowing etc…) to calculate training fatigue and FTP, with the default set to power but

1 Like