Power target change during a workout

Today I was doing the Sweetspot @90% - Classic 3x20 workout. Power target was set to 90%TP, which was 289 W. In the middle of the first interval the target dropped by 10 watts to 279 W. It remained as 279 for the next 3 intervals. Any ideas of why?

Not seen that before but is it possible that you dripped sweet on the -ve button on your phone? Three presses would take you down by 10 Watts.

Mike

1 Like

Thanks. I am pretty sure it was not the reason. If that happened, the target had come back to the initial value in the next interval, but remained -10w even for rest intervals :roll_eyes:

Can you post a screenshot of the workout with the target power line switched on. Here’s an example:

Mike

I am using a spinning bike with favero Assioma pedals. I control manually the power so it was not a big problem. I just kept pushing at the same original target power.

Should I set the mode OFF in the Xert training app?. Default mode AUTO is set to 97%. Today it did it again…in intervals at 105%LTP original target was 268w, and decreased to 258w during the workout.

Leave it as auto but increase to 100%. That will make sure the intervals are 100% of the prescribed wattage.

1 Like

Default AUTO should be 100%.
If it got lowered by mistake that explains the reduction in target values.
Normally you would use -/+ feature to assist with intervals that you are having trouble completing. For example, you made it through two sets but need to dial down the watts on the last set or risk failing to complete the interval.

1 Like

Thanks a lot!!!. It makes sense since a 3% reduction over around 300w is precisely 10w. I will try it tomorrow…too tired for training again today :grin:

1 Like

Thanks again. That was the reason. Today I checked it and target changes when AUTO % is changed. Do not know the reason it was set at 97%…