Notice appearing on Home > My Fitness Screen

I have a pop up window appearing on my Home Screen. “You’ve been training much more than usual this past week! The Training Advisor may need to learn a bit more about you before it is able to help you meet your improvement goals.” I can’t find anymore information regarding the message and don’t understand what is needed. I am recovering from an injury in June and had 200+ miles of outdoor riding. Previous weeks had only a few weeks of indoor trainer riding and MPA is significantly degraded in current signature.

Some clarification on the above. 200+ miles last week. Previous weeks had between 1 and 4 hours of indoor riding. Threshhold has dropped from 198 in June to 163 currently.

Hi Robert,

We provide this notification to help users make informed decisions about their training and to help users avoid burning out or overtraining. So you’ve only been riding 1-4 hours per week, but how many did you ride last week?

Month of July had 11 hours of riding and 176 miles. Last week had 14 hours and 210 miles. On Monday of last week, doctor ok’d outdoor riding again (Recovering from fractured ribs, clavicle and pelvis). I want to maximize fitness recovery for race in mid-Sep. My age is 75 if that is a factor. Prior to crash on June 8th, averaging 200+ miles per week. 0 Miles for the 5 weeks following crash, ramping up indoor miles to 70 miles per week prior to last week.

That’s certainly a rather large jump in a short amount of time. Be sure you really focus on your recovery to avoid any issues with overuse injuries as you get back into cycling. If you are going to be riding more hours per week, they should be done at a relatively low intensity.

Thanks, but back to your statement "We provide this notification to help users make informed decisions about their training and to help users avoid burning out or overtraining. " I’m not understanding the information the notice is providing. What does the “Training Advisor” need to make the correct calculations? Is there something I need to do?

XATA assumes that you have (relatively) the same amount of training each week. This is why the training advice is affected by dramatic swings in training volume (upward or downward).

Now, as far as what you should do…I would recommend riding by feel this week and the coming week (paying close attention to how you feel). After ~7 days, Xert will see that you are back into training and start providing more meaningful workout suggestions based on your ~14 hour availability, rather than your 1-4 hour availability. Hope this helps!

Perfect. Thanks for the clarification.