" Not an accepted file type"

I do not seem to be able to upload files from my “Lezyne enhanced Super GPS” bike computer. When I try the error message above is thrown. Any advice?

regards, Ludwig

must be TCX or FIT, you’re prob trying to upload a .GPX file

Actually it is FIT.

Does it have a .FIT extension? Is it accepted by other software? If so, email it to support@xertonline.com. Cheers.

Just sent you a file. The files are accepted e.g. by 2peak.
Ludwig

Never received it, unfortunately. Double check the email address you sent it to. Does www.fitfiletools.com offer any additional information?

Sent it to support@xertonline.com. Outlook shows it in the “sent” folder. Which tool on www.fitfiletools.com would be best to test the *.fit files?

Nope. Still not in the inbox or spam folder. No sure which of the tools really. We use the Garmin FIT parser code so there isn’t really a reason why it shouldn’t be accepted. Does Garmin Connect read it in? Can you use Garmin Connect to export that to TCX and upload the TCX file to Xert? What software created the FIT file?

I sent two additional files in two separate mails an hour ago. Garmin Connect does actually not digest the files. It says “An error occurred with your upload. Please try again.” It could upload and convert the files to .TCX on gpsies.com. I was in turn able to upload the .TCX files to xertonline but there was an error message and they do not show in the activities calendar. The fit file is directly created by the bike computer (http://www.lezyne.com/product-gps-supergpsY10.php#.WugOsC_qiL4).
regards, Ludwig

I found this post (https://support.lezyne.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360004821694--fit-files-can-t-uplaod-to-Garmin-Connect) in the Lezyne forum. It reads: “I was told that Garmin had decided to only accept fit files that originate from Garmin devices, so I don’t think that’s going to work.” So it’s a feature of the Garmin parser, not a bug in the FIT files?
Regards,
Ludwig

The Garmin parser is pretty standard and it parses all FIT files. We haven’t seen your FIT or TCX files come in. Can you please try emailing them to support@baronbiosys.com and to mastracci@gmail.com too. One way or another, we’ll get this sorted out. Does Lezyne offer you any support on this?

I forwarded the mails to both addresses. I did not yet ask Lezyne because with their files and the 2peak website I did not have any problem. But you are right, I will ask them too.
Regards,
Ludwig