Nerd Question

I have 2 sets of training data - back to Infinity - and beyond.

Training Peaks largely has factual workout names (Active Recovery, 2 x 10, FTP Test, etc…)

Strava has crap names created by Bandock because I largely consider Strava to be social / fun.

For research/learning/comparison purposes it would help me a lot to have my TP names in Xert.

If I “reset my account” and manually load all of my TP files, would Strava re-sync everything?

If this is way to complicated, I can always look back at TP an get the Date I did a workout, but I have learned more about myself, PP, MPA and the effects of training on my body this morning, than I have in a very long time! I’d like to simplify the investigation.

Thank you, in advance.

Scott

Unfortunately, FIT files don’t have the name of the activity in them so untortunately the system won’t get the names you created in TP.

Another approach is to upload your data and review the breakthrough activities and then go back into TP/Strava to see what may have gone on that day.

Note that having many years of data isn’t necessary for the system to work well in terms of prescribing training and having your training status and signature correct. Generally a year or two is plenty.

Okay - as I stated - I have a work around - so it will work out.

In this case, I wanted to find when I did VO2 intervals, to compare it to something, just an added step, but not by any means a deal breaker!

I have only really been using power since 5/2021 - so I was exaggerating a little, its all going well, now.

Likely interesting to look back a year or two but more so for trendline analysis than individual workouts. Exception would be to finding BT events to see when/how they occurred. You can easily locate the circles in the XPMC chart and evaluate the TL before/after for insight.
Once you have enough history on file to dial in your signature the goal is to move forward and compare what happens when you train the Xert way. :wink:

As far as comparisons and differences go here are some things to ponder :smiley:
XSS is not TSS
TL is not CTL
TP is not FTP
PP isn’t necessarily the max power measured by a power meter during a sprint.
Xert is a 3 zone strain model not a 7 zone %FTP model
Focus Duration (Athlete Type) are points along your power curve. Athlete type does not define you but represents a target focus.

Most Xert workouts are fitness signature based (XSSR = SMART) versus “dumb” %FTP blocks.
No need to ride blue blocks anymore. Learn to ride the rainbow :wink: with intervals scaled to your signature.

Populating a calendar is an old-school concept. Xert’s Planner is a what-if tool you might use for a week at a time. Otherwise, many users rarely add anything to the Planner.
No more canned plans but you can design training blocks if you want to, but they remain flexible.

MPA is unique to Xert and an important component of the model. It is very useful to validate your signature whenever the opportunity arises (indoors and outdoors). Plus, MPA allows Xert to create SMART workouts that scale to your fitness signature.
Designing Workouts with MPA – Xert (baronbiosys.com)

RAMP and other traditional FTP tests aren’t required with Xert. BT (breakthrough) events are.
There is more than one way to trigger BTs. Near BTs (fakethroughs) are part of the equation.
Breaking Through the Xert Way! – Xert (baronbiosys.com)

Your TP will rise and fall along with other signature values. This is by design.

Continue to play with the knobs and dials. It’s a good way to learn how Xert works, and you can always set them back. You don’t set it and forget it. You configure then adjust things along the way.

Xert is not a prescription pill popper app but a method of training.
You are learning how to self-coach and you are the subject of the experiment. :grinning:

Enjoy the ride.

whoa whoa whoa … you got a little too much dip on your chip :slight_smile:

Some good info in your reply - just a lot to digest.

I have 2 basic types of workouts: go ride outdoors with some general plan in my head - or - something somebody else made up. I like that Xert suggests and explains quite well.

Most of my looking back was to see how various workouts “played out” in Xert, so learning based on history. I also compared my tested FTP to what Xert listed - and found remarkable accuracy in comparison.