Let's See Your BREAKTHROUGHS! šŸ’„

Getting close to pushing past 300 now

7 Likes

This was my first attempt at an indoor break through!

I am very happy with the results that Xert has given so far, I think I could have had a little more or higher break through as I was not sure what to expect or how this workout was to be managed (when to switch to slope mode, what gear to be in for the sprint etc).

None-the less I will take it!

8 Likes

Hi XERTerā€™s people ;O))
Strong today, after 5 dd of inactivity for some family problems.
Today my 2nd weekly training: WUP, Activation, Short HIIT 2x[8x(40"HIIT Z6, 20" Rec Z1) 5ā€™ Rec. Serie), 50ā€™ Z3 and 15ā€™ CD Z1.
I struggled more at the beginning of the Z3 period than during the HIITS ! A few minutes later I recovered, but it was quite hard at first. Tomorrow I hope to ride outdoors w/ a low/middle work: 3 hours: 30ā€™Z1, 1h Z2, 30ā€™Z3, 1hZ2, flat and hilled in the middle. Happy ride @ everyone.
Cheers.

5 Likes

Very close! Youā€™ll get it next time!

1 Like

Have been in base period and forgot to set my decay to zero decay so decided to try my first breakthrough workout before setting it for the remainder of the period. Ouch, I can see how you need to be mentally prepared. I somehow convinced myself there were only 2 set in this workout. Third set started to present itself and I was mentally destroyed. Struggled through just to get a little bit more of a workout as I was using the prescribed difficulty in rounding out my week of TL.

Did find it strange that this one only showed a silver BT, when I think all three energy systems showed improvement? Included a previous BT that was gold but looks similar. Still happy that things are moving in the right direction and the numbers were still above where I was before my decay setting misstep. Perhaps I have had a higher Peak Power relatively recently so even though this metric improved it doesnā€™t count as a ā€œtrueā€ breakthrough? Either way, pretty happy with how things are going. I find the breakthroughs are serious motivators even if I know things are going well without them.

4 Likes

Hereā€™s the near BT club again. Started out the last interval a bit too eagerly and should have just pushed through the last five seconds. Never been too good at sprints after a good amount of work. In that sense this was okayish.

Again, not too worried, although I would have loved to see progressā€¦ anyways, going to start the build phase now, so there should be some quick fruit to harvest. Iā€™m starting to think Iā€™m not getting enough rest before the test days and thus lack the punch to breakthrough. Next time Iā€™ll go all the way, maybe with a proper VO2max Ronnestad set which I know Iā€™m good at.

Intervals.icu gave me an new estimated eFTP number AND new 2min power PB from the first long red effort. So I think Iā€™m enough of a winner in that sense :smiling_face_with_tear:

Isnā€™t it amazing that Xert knows you have even more to give! Youā€™ll get it soon enough! Good work! :muscle:

1 Like

Yeah, you are right. Itā€™s not even a BT!

Hi everyone ! From my last work, a XERT session ā€˜Sprints in Spainā€™.
Not hard and only one hour, but w/ few sprint @800W rided standing up. BB after a long time ! Good ride !

:v:

5 Likes

Came into this one yellow but still managed to bump myself back to the TP i had lost due to the optimal decay setting. Signature must be decent. Hopefully more in the tank when fresh!

4 Likes

Itā€™s been 4 months (to the day) since my last Breakthrough. Over that time, Iā€™ve been allowing Xert to estimate any changes in my signature using the ā€˜No Decay - Training Load Matchedā€™ decay setting. Iā€™d say the system works pretty dang wellā€¦ 1 W (0.3%) error in estimation of my TP after 4 months without any ā€œFTP Testingā€ is pretty amazing if you ask me! Even more so when you figure that my Threshold has increased 25 W (10.5%) over that period of time :slight_smile: Boom, I guess! :boom:

11 Likes

Hi all! New to Xert (~1mo now), returning to cycling as a standalone sport after giving up triathlon a couple of years ago due to work commitments.

Safe to say Iā€™m pretty proud of this BT effort - coming off the back of a recovery week, Iā€™d done a more traditional ramp test on Saturday but wasnā€™t happy with the outcome. Wanted to work on repeatability while giving myself another shot at a BT, so loaded up ā€œTest Your Mightā€ (on the Garmin, with Zwift going on the computer for a bit of eye candy).
Here it is:

For a bit of context, my previous fitness signature was 962W PP / 21.6kJ HIE / 216W TP - my MPA and actual power intersected about 10 times during the workout!

My TP started off at around 205W at the beginning of the year and Iā€™m hoping to hit 270 by the end of the year - Iā€™d say Iā€™m on the right track! Onwards and upwards!

6 Likes

First gold BT. Another stupid, stupid Zwift race. Geeze, did I mention how stupid these races are? I did win the sprint prime though, which is when the BT happened!

8 Likes

Hi everyone ! daily menĆ¹, today:
Regressioni di Forza (Strenght Regression i think in English ?), and RSS - **Ripetute Sweet Spot (Sweet Spot Zone IT)**. The **

** in to the RDF session. In true not perfect execution, too hard effort, over the target, but, isnā€™t simple execute the correct power w/ the correct RPM. Important the mental focus, today not simple. Good evening and good ride @everyone !
Cheers.
Corrado, Italy.

6 Likes

Hi Xerterā€™s People ! :smile:
Near Breakthrough for today, daily menĆ¹: Standing Start + PFR + Z3/Z4, flat.
Last 20ā€™ indoor for the very strong wind with strong gusts ! :wind_face:
Good evenng/night everyone !
Cheers.
Corrado, Italy.

4 Likes

@jjamesv you got me to thinking about my breakthroughs and having such a high difficulty score, that maybe I needed to do a little more. The ones Iā€™ve done recently have been on Zwift climbs pushing over the top, but losing resistance once over. I got one today during the Dadurday Race, which was huge bump. Xert was calling for some crazy 4-4.5 star workouts this morning, so I tried to mimic them with some 1-2min on efforts, then rest for a minute or 2.

Next is to test myself outside to see how things compare, then maybe figure out a way to have inside and outside figures if they donā€™t compare close enough. Iā€™d pay an extra couple of bucks per month to have a dual profile.

3 Likes

I used the Xert Fitness Test for Breakthroughs - Under Pressure as my Fitness Signature was stale. Went better than expected. Felt that I had a little more to give after the final sprint ended, so quickly tried to push out whatever is left.

Never expected such a big increase. Iā€™m hoping itā€™s overestimating my efforts, as the next few workouts sounds quite tough. Taking a few days of rest before I tackle those.

8 Likes

Hi Xerterā€™s !!!
Endurance outdoor Z2/Z3, (Centoā€™s of the week), w/ some not hard climb.
And silver BT for today ! Letsā€™go ! Pushed for 4ā€™ in the last middle climb, (3% approx on 1,5 KM), ride 52/19-21, but this isnā€™t my PR in this segment (+15" and third personal time).
But the good news is the condition, slowly, going up.
Good evening @ everyone !
Cheers.
Corrado. Italy.

4 Likes

Latest breakthrough, first since mid Jan. Couple of weeks out from the start of some MTB races. Hopefully the winter training pays off.

How do I best get this data onto garmin connect?

6 Likes

The last few attempts have been fakethroughs. Felt good to land one!

5 Likes