Let's See Your BREAKTHROUGHS! 💥

Set a decent fitness signature with Fitness Test v3 last week so wasn’t expecting a BT today, but got a bronze in my first non-workout ride since Xert joining 10 days ago. Loved watching the MPA drain in the app as I climbed Alpe du Zwift in their Rapha Rising challenge, it was a great motivator. I won’t be doing full hour power often though, much prefer the shorter maximal efforts!

I used to create my own workouts based on W’bal in Golden Cheetah, so you can imagine, as a nerd, I’m loving Xert!

7 Likes

Great stuff @ZwiftGopher ! Tough riding to keep it right near TP for that long. Shows in the huge Difficulty Score!

1 Like

Been on No Decay for about 3 months. I wasnt fully rested but wanted to try an effort on the Zwift Insider Badge hunt. Pretty thrilled with my results. Effort up the first KOM, then endurance pace the rest of the way. 236 to 242.Started the year out around 228.

3 Likes

This will be my attempt in a few weeks. Wanting to finally get a subhour effort for AdZ.

1 Like

@Tarmac_Tree the sub-hour still eludes me too. :grimacing: Achieved 62 min about 3 years ago before an 18-month layoff through injury. After 8 months of rebuilding my fitness from nothing, I’m down to a 64 min AdZ and only 20W off my pre-injury TP. Now I’m back in full structured training I’ve turned to Xert hoping it can push me higher than I’ve ever been!

You got to love a team time trial!

2 Likes

First ride in the Lakes after two months of mostly base/endurance on the turbo. Almost impossible not to get a BT with a combination of having no Peak Strain in my training so far and some 20% Lakeland Ramps (Cold Fell, in this case)

3 Likes

I love cycling in the Lakes. Some great roads and even greater climbs.

1 Like

The struggle is trying to find a ride that doesn’t have a massive pass to climb! I’m supposed to be in Base phase

1 Like

Try here in the Scottish Borders. No passes to climb :hugs:

Interesting. I attacked AdZ this week but no BT and my difficulty is significantly different to yours.

I had a 4:20 improve and finally broke the hour (56:51). More importantly my TP is 275 and I held 272 for all 56 minutes. Difficulty was only 117 compared with your 225.
I did push a bit hard at the end but I knew I had achieved my goal and was tired anyway.

2 Likes

See my post below. I had a hip relacement last April after an accident. TP dropped to about 180 but is now 10w above my best ever - aged 65. Everything is possible.
My secret to getting close then beating the hour is to keep power even across all 21 segments. My last effort for 61:09 was avg 251 (Dec 21) . I averaged 272 this time for a nice improve - 56:52

1 Like

2nd BT in 2 days, thanks to Birker Fell. A day of true grovelling

2 Likes

This is a bit different from the normal BT MPA images we see. A 100Km ride - very steady MPA - keeping well under TP and I pushed at the end to get inside 3 hours. PP peaked by 17 watts.
As I start riding my bike outside I think that will go up as I cannot really sprint on my turbo bike.

5 Likes

4 Likes

Tuesday I was feeling fairly strong after taking it easy for a week. I decided to go out a little harder and see if I could grab a breakthrough to refresh my numbers. I didn’t really have a strategy; just attack the hills and keep the pressure on. The result was a really fun ride and a gold breakthrough!

I still felt that my peak number was still a little low. So today, rather than change my planned ride, I decided to simply augment it with some good, solid, sprint efforts. Success! Bronze result for peak power.

4 Likes

Nice work! Breakthroughs are like a nice little pat on the back, reassuring you that you’re improving from your training!

Done another training crit this morning and another BT :muscle:t2:

2 Likes

After having had a nice fakethrough yesterday that pulled my signature down I got a sweet gold breakthrough in today’s race :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Just Zwift ride :slight_smile: