Indoor track

After a session on an indoor track with a track bike without gears and brakes, my FTP has increased by 25W.
Is this possible? The power was measured with Assioma’s dual, which I also use on my other bikes.

Hi @PB01 ,

Maybe you can share some details about the activity… Can you show us the MPA chart of the activity?

These are the numbers before the activity

Based on the 2nd chart you absolutely crushed that track session. Look how deep you get into your MPA. My guess is you have two possible things happenig here:

1. Your FTP was indeed set too low. How much historical data did you have loaded previously to establish the original number? Or maybe the decay setting is too high and caused a more significant drop than what really happened if you took a break or have eased up recently?
  2. How much shorter are your track cranks vs what you usually ride on the road? I use the assiomas as well and my track cra ks are 165 whereas my road are either 170 or 172.5 depending on bike. In the Assioma smartphone app i have to remmember to adjust because if i dont and accidentally leave the crank length setting at 172.5 while on my 165 track cranks inwill get a power reading that is too high (by a factor of about 172.5/165).

Hope this helps with the investigation?

Hi Scott,
You are right, FTP was too low and i reset the data to come to a more accurate number.
I tested a week later on the road and my numbers matched with the track course.
The cranck lenghts where ok, 170, the same as on my roadbikes, the Favero app and the Garmin shows also the right length. So i think everything was OK. The raise was a pleaseant surprise.