Inaccurate Data On Xert

Can someone please tell me why the data in Xert is completely wrong for the power output bot for average and max power? It was only my personal best, no big deal…

This is from my Garmin

They tell a very different story, please help.

Thanks

Did you really do over 2000w seated power? What was the previous best?
The max power/max standing power is close on both charts. I would think that the Xert chart is more likely to be correct.
However XSS of 134 v 214 TSS seems well off. That leads me to think that the 2000w power is incorrect and is not shown in the fit file, also knocking a lot of TSS off as well.

Another aspect of the same point is that the two avg power numbers are 160v230w. You will know what you will have felt you were doing but about 90% of FTP for 2.5 hours is a very big effort. Did your ride feel like that?

emphasized text**emphasized text[quote=“johnnybike, post:2, topic:40042, full:true”]
Did you really do over 2000w seated power? What was the previous best?
The max power/max standing power is close on both charts. I would think that the Xert chart is more likely to be correct.
However XSS of 134 v 214 TSS seems well off. That leads me to think that the 2000w power is incorrect and is not shown in the fit file, also knocking a lot of TSS off as well.

Another aspect of the same point is that the two avg power numbers are 160v230w. You will know what you will have felt you were doing but about 90% of FTP for 2.5 hours is a very big effort. Did your ride feel like that?
[/quote]

strong text

I’m not sure how it posted your reply, sorry. The effort was not seated but I did sit down at the end of it. Both numbers are completely off in my opinion, it’s crazy frustrating. I’m using the Vector power pedals.

I think there are two things going on here:

• Xert smooths power spikes so that you don’t get an unrealistically high PP value. To me it’s highly unlikely that your max seated power was 2000W and the max standing was only 1486W.

• Garmin Connect will be calculating the average power based on moving time rather than total elapsed time. My opinion on this is that Xert is correct - you can’t do 5 x 1 minute intervals stopping between them and expect a 5 minute best power. Same goes for overall average.

Mike

4 Likes

That’s depressing, I’m never stopping at lights again. Thanks for the feedback.