I have just started a month trial and have some questions. There will be more.

I am not and never have been a big fan of trainers. I can see the appeal as it does provide a good platform to improve but I want to be doing my workouts on the road. I want to know if there is a Garmin IQ app that i need for the the feedback on training sessions that take place on the road. I hope that this is possible. I would also like to know how to adjust my available training hours. I do between 13 and 16 hours a week at the moment and around 10,000 miles a year. Only objective is to get faster and make better use of the hours in the bike.

Hi Ali, if you have a newer Garmin headunit (Edge 520(+), Edge 820, Edge 1000/1030), there is an Xert workout player in the connectIQ store… https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/developer/e8334134-b313-47e4-9193-40de8c4e673a/apps
You can adjust your training volume via the ‘Goals’ tab on the main page and select the improvement rate that works best for you!

Cheers!

Hi Scott, Thanks for the reply. I have a Garmin 1000 so the GPS is fine which is good. I have loaded up the work out app but it seems that I can only get the screen for an indoor trainer. There must be another screen or two that I cant find. How do you change screens to a normal outdoor application.

The screen is the same for both indoors and outdoors. It’s fairly simple, but it gets the job done.

-Scott