How to set trainer for a mixed mode workout

Thanks Scott. That looks great - will it just be android rather than iOS showing the mode for the ext interval? If so, does the current trainer mode change from Auto to Slope during the actual sprint interval, say?

iOS doesn’t display the upcoming interval directly on the device, but shows details about the current interval. But if paired with the updated remote player (which we definitely recommend), you’ll still be aware of what’s coming in upcoming intervals.

The apps will continue to display AUTO mode, despite the trainer switching from ERG to SLOPE modes & vice versa.

Cheers Scott, 1:0 to Android for now I think!

Works well but you have to modify the approach with a Halcyon since you’re always in top gear and only have cadence to work with.
Tried “Time is Now 120” for the first time today. I’m running EBC. I failed on first sprint effort because it’s like hitting a wall. Then used the trick required for the Halcyon which is to switch to Slope mode before the effort and get comfortable by dialing down slope % and reducing cadence to a manageable level. In my case that’s in the 70s with minimal slope so I can spin up for the sprints and hit max numbers (rpm and watts)…Here’s the results –

First time this season I tried to really thrash things out of the saddle.
Luckily the rest of the workout is kind to your legs. :smiley:

1 Like

Congrats on the BT!

It’s designed that way on purpose… The workout gets really hard at the end of the last sprint, but never gets harder. Manageable the whole way through. Its doubles as a fantastic workout for expanding your aerobic base and keeping your top end power on point with minimal work in-between. Check the specificity ratio on the workout :wink: