Hours of training per week

Hello, I am new to this website. According to the “ADAPTIVE TRAINING ADVISOR”, I find that the required hours of training per week continue to raise everyday even I do every workout this app advised. It’s not sustainable. Would you talk me what’s happening?

1 Like

Hi Ricky. Thanks for trying Xert. Monitor the information under GOALS. This provides an estimate on the number of hours you’ll need to perform on a weekly basis to sustain progression from your current training load. As your training load increases, so will the time investment needed to maintain the same improvement rate. You may need to reduce the improvement rate when this happens. When your improvement rate reaches maintenance, it means that you cannot add more training load. You can however change what mix of training (low, high and peak) you can do to change your focus. HTH

1 Like

Thanks for your reply. The estimate hours was 5.4 hours per week, after around two weeks, it become 6.2. I am confused and find it hard to use since I chose the improvement rate based on the time available for training. Do your mean it’s normal that the required training time increase during the progression? Or I train too much during the last two weeks so the estimate hours increase? Or is it because my fitness signature doesn’t increase during the last two week so the estimate required training hours keep increasing? Sorry that I do not understand…

1 Like

The weekly estimate changes as you train both to maintain your improvement rate but also on your previous training. If you train more, you need train even more to maintain progressive overload. Keep an eye on your Improvement Rate if you are very concerned that your training investment needs to be more carefully monitored. The algorithm will not prescribe more if your fitness signature is declining. The decline is normal and is set by your Decay Method. See Signature Decay Method in the glossary for more information on this important setting.

1 Like

Thanks a lot. I believe I understand now, it’s because I train more than normal in the past two week then the estimated required training hours increased. That means if I reduce the training hours in this week the estimated required training hours will decrease, too. Hope I am correct, thanks for your help

1 Like