Handle different power meters

It really ought to be possible to separate data from different power meters within Xert, so that you can use different slope and offset to align them and avoid skewing the data. Using your algorithms, you might even assist in finding a proper slope and offset!

In fact, I might even suggest that different signatures might be required for different use-cases, but that’s probably not very realistic. What I mean is that I, and many others, perform differently when riding indoors than I do when I’m out in the fresh and cool air…

1 Like

This is something we are considering but it is likely complicated to manage for most athletes. Most athletes also only have 1 power meter … for now… that may change soon though!

It most certainly will change! Quite a few people use more than one power meter already (just like me), and I guess more and more triathletes are bound to get running power meters as well…

How would you suggest I ought to handle the latter problem I wrote about? I’ve mainly ridden indoors the last couple of months, but once I did an interval session outside last Tuesday Xert instantly raised my threshold 10 W and now I can’t finish my 4x4 trainer sessions anymore…

You can adjust your Fitness Signature temporarily using Account Settings / Profile if you are looking to adjust it for a single workout. You’ll need to adjust it back afterwards. A bit of a nuissance yes but doable. It also provides the best option for ensuring your training loads are calculated accurately.