Hammerhead Karoo 3 Xert

Hi, can the xert EBC already be run on the new Hammerhead Karoo 3?

From what I understand, it’s not supported directly on the device like with K1/K2. It may be possible to side-load the app, but it’s not something we have tried/tested.

I’m thinking to buy the new Karoo.

Does anyone have one and is willing to share some feedback?

As of June 3rd, 2024, it is not possible to install Xert on the Hammerhead Karoo 3 through the native Hammerhead Karoo App store. However, you might be able to sideload it using instructions from sources like DC Rainmaker and the APK from a site like APKPure.

From what I understand, Hammerhead has not yet released the SDK for the Hammerhead Karoo 3. This SDK is necessary to create data fields such as the XSS and MPA fields available with the Xert app on the Hammerhead Karoo 2. Although people expect the SDK to be updated or released soon, there is no official communication about it as far as I know.

2 Likes

Cheers for the update.

I have a thought decision to make… I have been waiting for the K3 for quite a while. My current bike computer is my old Samsung Galaxy S7. The phone is already owning some time to the grave.

I don’t want to buy Garmin. Wahoo doesn’t appeal to me.

If i buy the K3 I run the risk of not having a compatible device with my training platform.

Having to have a bike computer plus a phone to run EBC is s.

Would it be possible to add datafields like with the Garmin? I’m thinking specifically of things like the MPA/Power and XSS Buckets datafields.

You need to side load Xert into K3 (not tested) and switch between apps during the ride.

Like explained above, hammerhead didn’t realised the sdk package yet. Xert have no way to create does fields inside the HH app.

Are there any plans to update the Xert app for the K3 if the SDK gets released?

I would imagine they would specifically release the SDK to get support for our app.

Just as a data point: I’ve been using Xert EBC on the Karoo 3 for indoor training. It installs fine via adb. Until SRAM unlocks the SDK, no datafields can be developed (no Ki2, no Xert, etc.). So you won’t be able to use Xert during a ride for now, unless you want to track via EBC.

1 Like