GCN 60 Minute Endurance Video Workout - Danger Danger!

This workout and accompanying GCN video is a great concept, and I really appreciate that someone took the time and effort to produce it. However, the workout has the participants doing ridiculously low cadence for long periods of time at quite high RPE. If you have any knee problems don’t go anywhere near this workout, or at the very least modify it. My respect for GCN dropped considerably when I could find no disclaimer or warnings to those with knee problems. I will give credit where credit is due - Coach Chad at TrainerRoad warns about such things before any cadence drills, and advises riders with knee issues, or those that may experience the hint of any knee pain, to stop right away. Nothing like this in the GCN video. If you watch the other riders doing the workout, even they are not doing the 50 rpm stuff (I don’t think the instructor is either). My knee has been buggered ever since I did this thing 3 weeks ago. Stay away!

Always follow your gut instinct and listen to your body. I remember spin classes from years ago, where the - certified! - instructor would have you perform exercises that I would simply refuse to follow, as I knew they would be a menace to my body. Many of those routines were dropped later on…